2" BB plus 1"BL or 2.5" Skyjacker susp lift plus 1"BL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2" BB plus 1"BL or 2.5" Skyjacker susp lift plus 1"BL

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-07-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
JAXTOY 2

2" BB plus 1"BL or 2.5" Skyjacker susp lift plus 1"BL

Which would be the best way to fit 33" tires or none of this will work.I will do some off roading but nothing major or you guys might have some other ideas?? I dont want to go more than 2.5" susp. lift due to chance of getting drive line vibration. Thank you for your help

JAXTOY 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
MR.CLIFFORD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

depends if you are happy with the spring rates of your stock springs. If you like the way it rides.... get the BB
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #3
Rjwrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD
depends if you are happy with the spring rates of your stock springs. If you like the way it rides.... get the BB
I'm using a 2"BB witha 1.25" BL and 33" TrXus MT's w/o any issues
15x8 Rock Crawlers(Black)
Live to Wheel, Wheel to live!
Rjwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2004, 12:07 AM   #4
ForkLift

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXTOY 2
Which would be the best way to fit 33" tires or none of this will work.I will do some off roading but nothing major or you guys might have some other ideas?? I dont want to go more than 2.5" susp. lift due to chance of getting drive line vibration. Thank you for your help

33s are weak. thats it.
Unread 04-08-2004, 01:29 AM   #5
incubus2012

i put on a 2in ch budget boost and a 2 inch body lift
before pic

after

i have 30's on now. i figure 33's will give me another few inches of boost also
incubus2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:12 AM   #6
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If I go with Skyjacker 2.5 coils, new shocks, bumpstop extensions, t-case drop (if required).... would that be all that's needed, or would control arms need to be replaced/moved?

I'm comparing a 2" BB to gettting Skyjacker coils. Unlike the original post, I'm not looking to do a body lift.

Thanks for your help, if anyone can answer.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2005, 09:44 AM   #7
mookarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCNY
If I go with Skyjacker 2.5 coils, new shocks, bumpstop extensions, t-case drop (if required).... would that be all that's needed, or would control arms need to be replaced/moved?

I'm comparing a 2" BB to gettting Skyjacker coils. Unlike the original post, I'm not looking to do a body lift.

Thanks for your help, if anyone can answer.
you don't really need to worry about control arms. you will probably require a slight t-case drop. you might look into re-centering your axles but that might not be such a big issue for u
mookarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #8
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookarma
..... you might look into re-centering your axles......
tell me more about axle centering. I figure I would definitely need a front end alignment
Unread 03-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #9
MR.CLIFFORD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
tell me more about axle centering. I figure I would definitely need a front end alignment

take a look at how the front and rear track bars work. When you lift a vehicle it will pull the front and rear axle off center. You have to center your axles to make the geometry the same on each side.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #10
mookarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD
take a look at how the front and rear track bars work. When you lift a vehicle it will pull the front and rear axle off center. You have to center your axles to make the geometry the same on each side.
you can do this by either purchasing adjustable trackbars (roughly $130-$200 each) or installing relocation brackets front and rear. The front can also be fixed by measuring out where you want your trackbar to be and drilling through the stock mount to reposition it. I don't think too many people do this with the bb, and i didn't do it with my 2.5" lift. There was a noticeable difference, but i just never got around to 'fixing' it before i bought a new lift
mookarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:29 AM   #11
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookarma
...... i didn't do it with my 2.5" lift. There was a noticeable difference, but i just never got around to 'fixing' it .....
What kind of difference? Did it affect street manners, appearance? I'm thinking of getting coils instead of a BB. I don't want more than 1.75 - 2" in lift, because I don't want the expense of making a lot of other modifications (I only have 31" tires).

I can get a set of Skyjacker 2.5 coils and shocks for about the same price as an REBB. I can live with a t-case drop.

Should I just get the BB? Will 2.5" coils have me making more driveline changes than are required with a B?
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #12
NewLaw83
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What kind of difference? Did it affect street manners, appearance? I'm thinking of getting coils instead of a BB. I don't want more than 1.75 - 2" in lift, because I don't want the expense of making a lot of other modifications (I only have 31" tires).

I can get a set of Skyjacker 2.5 coils and shocks for about the same price as an REBB. I can live with a t-case drop.

Should I just get the BB? Will 2.5" coils have me making more driveline changes than are required with a B?
TeamCNY if your only getting 31" tires i would go with the BB. you will have plenty of clearance with that for 31 and its cheap.

Sam
NewLaw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:50 AM   #13
Jeepin' Rock Cl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You can fit 33's with a 2" BB and a 1" BL. It's a fine setup if you're going to be on road most of the time.

Although the new springs are more expensive, you'll get the benefit of a better ride and more flex.

Neither should require much driveline changes, although I'd recommend throwing a 1" motor mount lift on when you do the body lift to help the angles.
Jeepin' Rock Cl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.