2" BB Lift and TC Dropped...Can I do a 1"BL? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2" BB Lift and TC Dropped...Can I do a 1"BL?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
djt283
2001 TJ Wrangler 

2" BB Lift and TC Dropped...Can I do a 1"BL?

I've got a 2" BB lift (spacers/shocks) and I dropped the TC to stop some vibrations. Everything is good now but I'm buying tires this week and I want to have a little more clearance.

If I add a 1" BL do I have to remove the TC drop or can I run like that for a while? Also, If I have the 1" BL with the TC dropped, is a MML still needed?

Thanks for the help.

djt283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
john NC
1979 CJ5 

the BL will have no impact whatsoever on the TC drop and/or driveline vibrations, it's just lifting the tub off the frame so you can leave the TC drop

you'll still need a MML, a BL would just make doing both at the same time easier. i'm gonna do both once i save up for some new tires. i have a brown dog mml sitting in the closet but a 2" BB + 1"BL would look pretty silly on 30s lol (not that it doesn't already)
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
eclipse27
2002 TJ Wrangler 

you dont hafe to have a mml....most 1in kits come with radi drop brackets. You can just use that. A mml would help with driveline angles....but isnt needed.
4-4.5 inch susp. lift. 1 in performance acs. body lift. 5 in offroad foglights. Brushgaurd. Atoz corner armors.Round 4in taillights.D35/30 combo. upgraded horn.radio.8inbazzoka tube.highlift jack. 1.5in wheel spacers. 33' goodyear wrangler mt's.
eclipse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
djt283
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So if I understand what everyone's saying, with my current setup, a 1" BL doesn't change anything, as long as I drop the radiator shroud to account for the lift?

Just want to make sure before I add something I don't need and screw up the other stuff I don't need (but already have).

Thanks for the help!
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djt283
So if I understand what everyone's saying, with my current setup, a 1" BL doesn't change anything, as long as I drop the radiator shroud to account for the lift?

Just want to make sure before I add something I don't need and screw up the other stuff I don't need (but already have).

Thanks for the help!
You are correct.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
djt283
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
You are correct.

Thanks. From your profile it looks like we're running nearly identical setups and I'm about to buy the same tires you've got. If you don't mind, I've got a few questions that I've already asked on here but one more opinion can't heart (you may have already answered these, if so...I'm sorry)

I've got the Canyon rims...same size as yours. My 30x9.5's are a little less than an inch from the rear springs. I have to do something. New rims are cheaper than good spacers. How did you deal with that?

Lastly, did the Performace Accessories lift come with the bracket to lower the radiator shroud?

Thanks for all of your help.
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #7
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. From your profile it looks like we're running nearly identical setups and I'm about to buy the same tires you've got. If you don't mind, I've got a few questions that I've already asked on here but one more opinion can't heart (you may have already answered these, if so...I'm sorry)

I've got the Canyon rims...same size as yours. My 30x9.5's are a little less than an inch from the rear springs. I have to do something. New rims are cheaper than good spacers. How did you deal with that?

Lastly, did the Performace Accessories lift come with the bracket to lower the radiator shroud?

Thanks for all of your help.
I have the same exact specs on my Ravine wheels and love them and wanted to keep them. With 5.5" of backspacing, any tire 11.5" or wider requires wheel spacers, so I have Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers all around to prevent any rubbing. You can buy new wheels with the proper backspacing too.

Yes, it came with all necessary brackets, including the t-case shifter re-location bracket. Don't install this bracket until the lift is complete and you have tested the shifter, not every Jeep needs this particular bracket after a 1" body lift.

Unread 11-13-2007, 12:20 AM   #8
djt283
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I already dropped my TC and installed a similar brackt after my 2" BB lift caused vibrations.

Just a question. Crager Wheels and center caps are about the same price as 4 spacers. Any advice which is better? (I also like my Canyons)
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. I already dropped my TC and installed a similar brackt after my 2" BB lift caused vibrations.

Just a question. Crager Wheels and center caps are about the same price as 4 spacers. Any advice which is better? (I also like my Canyons)
There is nothing better, wheel spacers are just as good as new wheels... although some will disagree.

As long as you torque them to 100 ft/lbs and re-torque the wheel spacers after 50 miles, you are fine. So if you really like the Canyons, get wheel spacers without thinking twice.

And if you're going to install a body lift and have a t-case drop, I suggest you install a 1" MML to go along with it. It will most likely allow you to completely remove that t-case drop, and it is a huge advantage in installing a MML. The 2" BB does not need that much t-case drop (usually not any), so a 1" MML would most likely cancel out any t-case drop on your Jeep and you will be vibration free still. It's only $100 or so, and would also eliminate the need for you to drop your radiator (although it is no big deal). Take a look at Daystar, MORE or Brown Dog motor mount lifts.

Unread 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #10
djt283
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the help.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.