2.5L TJ surged and died. No spark. Help please. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5L TJ surged and died. No spark. Help please.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2.5L TJ surged and died. No spark. Help please.

Here's the story, little long, but questions are at the end.
Friday night I was cruising home in my 2.5L TJ 2200rpms, and 5th gear. My jeep surged down to 1800rpms and jumped back to 2200rpms. I pulled up to the light to turn left a couple hundred yards away and as i eased the clutch out to get going again it died. I thought I had stalled it, but it wouldn't start. It would crank and crank and crank, but wouldn't start up. I ended up having my neighbor tow me home with his jeep. We scratched our heads and tried a couple of things, but it still wouldn't start and we were stumped.

We scanned the computer for check engine codes we found a code for the ignition coil, coolant temperature sensor, and IAC valve (Sorry i didn't write down the codes as it was about 1am and i wasn't thinking) We also had my usual small evap leak and post cat O2 sensor codes that i have been driving with for 6+ months and never had a problem.

Now this morning I started going through stuff, checking everything, and changing some parts. I am getting fuel so it is not my fuel pump. Im not getting a spark so i started to check associated parts. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor are all only 2 years old but i checked them and they are all fine. I changed the ignition coil, pickup coil, and crankshaft position sensor, and it still isn't get a spark.

What sensors pull the spark if they aren't working right? Does the IAC valve and coolant temperature sensor prevent it from starting?Am I missing something? Could it be the computer?

All opinions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for some help. Ill have to drive a mini van till i get it fixed.
Unread 07-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I figured it out, F21 fuse in the PDC was blown. I guess i should have checked them better.

Tags
2.5l , no spark

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.