2.5L idles high after installing body lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5L idles high after installing body lift

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
TellicoTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2.5L idles high after installing body lift

I just got done installing a RC 1.25" body lift on my TJ, also have a 1" MML but not going to be able to get to it tonight.

Anyway, I cranked it up after the lift was done to take a trip down the road and as soon as it cranked, it stayed at 1500-1550rpm. It usually idles at 750-800rpm.

What could make it idle so high after installing a body lift?

2.5 Liter club memer #169-Red Jeep Club meber #491
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremy93yj To coax out the poop, try rocking back and forth. If that doesn't work, try rocking side to side. Hold your cheeks apart with your hands while you push and scream at the top of your lungs. I also like to put my feet up on the wall and push against the toilet. Another way is to sit on the pot, reach down and grip the bowl with both hands, and push against the floor with your feet.
TellicoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You probably pulled a vacuum line loose when doing the body lift.

Check for loose hoses or any open barb fittings on the intake manifold.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body lift , bl , rc , rough country , rough idle , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.