2.5 will crank wont start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 will crank wont start

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
JEEP9783

2.5 will crank wont start

Ok all started yesterday passing an old man that was doing 45 in a 55...apon cutting back in front of him jeep dyed i got the horn and the finger as he passed back by....checked the pdc found fuse f6 under the hood blown...did some reshearch found that fuse is the auto shutdown relay fuse...green 30a...replaced fuse swapped the auto shutdown relay with the horn relay fuse nothing....disconnected the coil at the coil (two pin plug that plugs into coil) replaced fuse and tryed cranking still blowing the fuse....now i am lost...blows fuse everytime i crank jeep....

97tj 2.5l softtop 5spd 175k
thanks for any help as my jeep is on the side of the road right now

chris

JEEP9783 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
JEEP9783

ANY TECHS OUT THERE? Or others that have had this problem?
Unread 04-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
JEEP9783

from my schematic reading it appears that fuse f6 is directly linked to batt power that sends power to auto shutdown relay that feeds the powertrain control module trying to fig what would blow the fuse though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.