2.5 Timing Advance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 Timing Advance

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-03-2003, 02:09 PM   #1
MJDan

2.5 Timing Advance

When the rotor is exactly under the #1 post in the distibutor, how many degrees advance does the main crank read on a 2.5 liter engine?

This is the same question I asked yesterday but only slightly different wording. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Dan

MJDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #2
K9JEEP
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDan
When the rotor is exactly under the #1 post in the distibutor, how many degrees advance does the main crank read on a 2.5 liter engine?

This is the same question I asked yesterday but only slightly different wording. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Dan
I'm not sure where your going with the question, but I can give you some info to help form a better one.

The timing is physically not adjustable, even though the housing has some minor movement when loose, it's recommended to keep it aligned. Distributor shaft alignment is done through a series of steps using TDC and alignment holes. Because of the gear driven set-up, there can actually be 16 positions, only 1 will work, and the plastic bit on the bottom makes it miserable to do.

The computer handles all timing/advance issues through pre-programed maps.

Typically, it'll run anywhere from 5 - 45 degs. At idle, you can expect around 12, it fluctuates alot. If you want an exact number, I can tell you tomorrow.

Last edited by K9JEEP; 09-03-2003 at 10:10 PM..
K9JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.