2.5 Timing Advance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 Timing Advance

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 09-03-2003, 02:09 PM   #1
MJDan

2.5 Timing Advance

When the rotor is exactly under the #1 post in the distibutor, how many degrees advance does the main crank read on a 2.5 liter engine?

This is the same question I asked yesterday but only slightly different wording. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Dan

MJDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #2
K9JEEP
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDan
When the rotor is exactly under the #1 post in the distibutor, how many degrees advance does the main crank read on a 2.5 liter engine?

This is the same question I asked yesterday but only slightly different wording. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Dan
I'm not sure where your going with the question, but I can give you some info to help form a better one.

The timing is physically not adjustable, even though the housing has some minor movement when loose, it's recommended to keep it aligned. Distributor shaft alignment is done through a series of steps using TDC and alignment holes. Because of the gear driven set-up, there can actually be 16 positions, only 1 will work, and the plastic bit on the bottom makes it miserable to do.

The computer handles all timing/advance issues through pre-programed maps.

Typically, it'll run anywhere from 5 - 45 degs. At idle, you can expect around 12, it fluctuates alot. If you want an exact number, I can tell you tomorrow.

Last edited by K9JEEP; 09-03-2003 at 10:10 PM..
K9JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.