2.5 Timing Advance - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-03-2003, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
MJDan

2.5 Timing Advance

When the rotor is exactly under the #1 post in the distibutor, how many degrees advance does the main crank read on a 2.5 liter engine?

This is the same question I asked yesterday but only slightly different wording. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-03-2003, 10:07 PM
K9JEEP
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDan
When the rotor is exactly under the #1 post in the distibutor, how many degrees advance does the main crank read on a 2.5 liter engine?

This is the same question I asked yesterday but only slightly different wording. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Dan
I'm not sure where your going with the question, but I can give you some info to help form a better one.

The timing is physically not adjustable, even though the housing has some minor movement when loose, it's recommended to keep it aligned. Distributor shaft alignment is done through a series of steps using TDC and alignment holes. Because of the gear driven set-up, there can actually be 16 positions, only 1 will work, and the plastic bit on the bottom makes it miserable to do.

The computer handles all timing/advance issues through pre-programed maps.

Typically, it'll run anywhere from 5 - 45 degs. At idle, you can expect around 12, it fluctuates alot. If you want an exact number, I can tell you tomorrow.

Last edited by K9JEEP; 09-03-2003 at 10:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.