2.5" suspension lift 2000 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5" suspension lift 2000 TJ

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
smartin5

2.5" suspension lift 2000 TJ

Hello everybody, I have always found this forum to be chock full of helpful advice so here goes.... I just purchased a 2000 TJ, the previous owner had put 31" wranglers on it. I am shopping around for a lift kit to meet my needs. I will just be doing some light to moderate off-roading, basically just hauling trees out of the woods for cutting. I live in PA, I have a YJ for the serious wheeling. Anyway.... I see there are many differences in prices; RC for around $300, Tereflex, Rancho, and OME which is the lift im looking hard at, but for the price of around $800... Im not sure really what the difference is, I can only guess that the OME has better parts that will hold up longer? Any advise or reviews from people who run any of these kits would be great. Also I am purchasing a 2.5" lift, do I need any other mods than the transfer case mount spacers, lookin to keep the stock ride or better because this will be my daily driver. Thanks.

smartin5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I put the Rough-Country 2.5" suspension lift on my '03 a few months ago ... I've been very pleased with it.
I also don't wheel it hard, mostly just messing around in the woods and river-bottom, and it does just fine ... no binding or rubbing on 33x10.5 tires.
Ride is no different than stock as far as I can tell (though more solid feeling since I needed new bushings.)
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
smartin5

Thanks for the input, did you need to lower your transfer case or any other modifications?
smartin5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin5
Thanks for the input, did you need to lower your transfer case or any other modifications?
No one can answer that for certain. Some do, some don't.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin5 View Post
yep ... had to lower the tcase about 1/4" to squelch some driveshaft vibes. I just used a couple washers on each of the 6 bolts (adding one layer at a time till the vibes went away... use stainless or galvanized washers to avoid them rusting away and ending up with a loose tcase skid.)
No other "additional" work was necessary.
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.