2.5 l for v8 swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 l for v8 swap

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCORGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 06-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
vinsonman11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2.5 l for v8 swap

Hey guys i bought a jeep tj with 2.5 and am wanting to do a v8 swap. I was wanting to knoe what motor some of you guys have put in your Jeeps and cost of your swaps.

vinsonman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
jeepmutiny
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Almost anything has been installed in a Jeep,most popular would be GM SBC or LS. Another popular swap is a Ford SBF Windsor series 302- 351. Some more exotic swaps have been done but require more skill for custom fabrication and a lot more money. I saw a Cadillac V12 in a CJ7 once for example and I am going with a Ford FE Cobra Jet style engine for my 2000 Wrangler. I have also seen about every conceivable Diesel installed. It comes down to your preferred brand and engine along with you skill level or how much you want to spend....Jon

I guess I did not mention my cost mostly due to I am still building, in the engine I have over 10 without induction and the trans I have 4500 but I need to do more. The engine originally was intended for my 66 Comet road race build but decided to go to a SOHC instead. The trans is out of my 4.3 powered S10 I sold.....Jon
jeepmutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok...I have a 50 state legal 08 5.7 hemi and 545 RFE 5 sp auto in mine. All done at home. Total = $10k

Time to start searching...numerous threads are on this very forum detailing such conversions.
'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
YouTube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDRq...&feature=g-upl
sduncan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.