2.5 l TJ Rap noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 l TJ Rap noise

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
JimA
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2.5 l TJ Rap noise

Got a TJ 2.5 with about 75k mi. and have a rapping noise which starts about 30 seconds after a startup. Using Mobil 1 10-30. I've replaced the lifters, pushrods and rod bearings, replaced end bolts on the exhaust manifold. The noise hasn't gone away and maybe is a bit louder. Last nite I pulled off the ccv hose to the air box. When I held my thumb over the elbow on the valve cover as the vacuum pull on my thumb increased the rap went away.
When I removed my thumb the rap gradually came back. I flushed the engine with Gunk cleaner and the rap is still there. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

JimA is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.