2.5-4.0 swap is underway!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5-4.0 swap is underway!!

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #46
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

ECU and Harness came in this week!! didnt get any pics but i took the YJ harness out and put the TJ harness in today, also ordered all the sensors and stuff that was different from te TJ system, will start taking pics tomorrow

RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #47
Dmax5er
1993 YJ Wrangler 

HEy RnEmOvr, Where did you get the harness, i need to find one to swap out my 4.0 and put in an LS1.. are your going with a stock harness or custom made?
Dmax5er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #48
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

im doing stock harness, i found forum member who was selling one,

also i got my wiring diagrams (if anyone needs copy let me know) so wiring should be finished this week
Unread 09-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #49
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

well i did some more wiring this week, dont have any pics wire are wires, i forgot my tools at work so i wasnt able to finish them up tonight, i going to go up tomorrow and get them, only parts i need that i cant find (reward if you find them) is adapter for the fuel lines (unless i need new ones) and a vacume line,
Unread 09-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #50
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

few pics, will get more

Unread 09-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #51
dodgetk81
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What harness are you using? If its a tj harness, it should just plug in and work. You may have had to change some sensors, but thats it.
Unread 09-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #52
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

its a TJ harness but mine has the rectangle plugs at top center as where this once has 2 square ones over by battery
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #53
Dmax5er
1993 YJ Wrangler 

GEEEEZZZ!!! looks like spaghetti,, ill stick to body work.........
Dmax5er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #54
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

ive done both, they both suck about the same
Unread 10-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #55
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

well finished up the harness, started with what you see sitting on the tire in above pics, then to this

then finished up with this, (from first plug back was cut off)

Unread 10-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #56
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

no pics but i put throttle body, alt, CPS, and some other sensors on and started on SYE for t/c
Unread 10-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #57
gaucho919
2004 TJ Wrangler 

looks sweet man, Ive been thinking of swapping out my 4.0 for a 5.2, keep posting nice pics
Unread 10-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #58
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok well got starter and alt mounted, fuel lines came in, it now turns over but wont start, throwing few codes,

42*Auto Shutdown Relay Ctrl Circuit; or No ASD Relay Output Voltage at PCM; or Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit; or Fuel Level Sending Unit Volts Too High (or Too Low); or Fuel Level Unit No Change Over MilesAn open or shorted condition detected in the auto shutdown relay circuit; or An open condition detected in the ASD relay output circuit; or An open or shorted condition detected in the fuel pump relay control circuit; or Shorted (or open) circuit between PCM and fuel gauge sending unit; or No movement of fuel level sender detected

24**Throttle Position Sensor Voltage High (or Low); or TPS Voltage Does Not Agree With MAPThrottle position sensor input above the maximum (or below the minimum) acceptable voltage; or TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor

31**EVAP Purge Solenoid Circuit; or EVAP Purge Flow Monitor FailureAn open or shorted condition detected in the duty cycle purge solenoid circuit; or Insufficient or excessive vapor flow detected during evaporative emission system operation

* = This DTC will not cause the Check Engine Lamp (MIL) to illuminate. However, if another problem causes the MIL to illuminate, and this code is identified when you display all of the codes, at least you will know what it means.
** = The Check Engine Lamp (MIL) will illuminate during engine operation if this DTC is recorded.
*** = Generator Lamp will also be illuminated if this DTC is recorded.
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #59
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You're so close man. This is always the most stressful part because you are so close to the end you don't want to stop working on it until you finish the job. Good luck, post up a vid when you get 'er runnin'!

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #60
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

o i will, the neighbors have been pissed that its been sitting so long, so i will be sure to fire it up (with the open headers) and make sure to get video

although it is nice to be able to work 20 mins then "damn, another parts run"

Tags
2.5 , 4.0 , computer , engine , harness , swap , tj , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.