2.4L I4, auto, 4.56 gears, 42rle. can it handle 31x10.5's? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.4L I4, auto, 4.56 gears, 42rle. can it handle 31x10.5's?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 02-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #31
RUGBYBOY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygruven View Post
I'm still saving for tires, so stay tuned out there if you have the 2.4/42rle combo!
Hey just to put to rest this discussion. I have the same exact setup in terms of a 2.4L and 42RLE with 4.56 gears. Just put 31's on this past weekend coopers stt's sitting on soft 8's (15X8)..... I could not be happier it's like my transmission found its lost friend. She shifts better now, down shifts whenever there is a strain on the engine without me having to fluctuate my foot to free up the torque converter. No power loss that I can really tell though I dont take her past 70mph. I also keep my OD on like before and have no problem. I took a ride out to Montauk yesterday and commuted into Queens today. My Jeep looks and feels great. Oh and I changed my speedgear to 42 teeth to correct my odometer and speedometer. Best thing I did, but I must admit you guys got me worried whether or not to change anything from its stock setup glad I did though. Next week my OME lift goes on cant wait

RUGBYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ive got a 2000 2.5 cylinder running 33's on a 3.5 inch lift and i easily get to 75 in 4th. 5th gear however has no use anymore. people rag on the 2.5 liter but to be honest i crawl everywhere the 6cylinders do, the only big difference i notice is in the sand.
Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #33
rockwallchamp09
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i use the 31x10.50 setup while i still have this auto in mine, ive had them on there for a long time but a buddy gave me some oddball 32s and i like them on there as well but mine is used mostly off-road and no its no high dollar rock crawler but ive been in and out of some hairy **** here in Washington and my gears are only 3.73 as tagged on the axles//witch just reminded me i need to change the fluids out of my axles/// anyways the 31x10.50 should suite you well especially with the 4.56 ratios if you go above 33's i think is when you will start seeing major differences
jeep1.jpg  
Unread 08-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #34
Sudcalifornio
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i installed 31X10.50r15 on my 2004 jeep with the 2.4l powertech engine with the auto 43rle tranny and the 4.56 gear ratio. my speedometer is off 5 miles. another thing is calculating the speed correction i got 1 even 2 extra mpg in a good week. another thing is that i cant go faster than 75 on the freeway. i never use the od button. actually can somebody tell me if it would be good to switch to 33 inches tires
Sudcalifornio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , gears , advice , tires

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.