2.4L I4, auto, 4.56 gears, 42rle. can it handle 31x10.5's? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.4L I4, auto, 4.56 gears, 42rle. can it handle 31x10.5's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #31
RUGBYBOY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygruven View Post
I'm still saving for tires, so stay tuned out there if you have the 2.4/42rle combo!
Hey just to put to rest this discussion. I have the same exact setup in terms of a 2.4L and 42RLE with 4.56 gears. Just put 31's on this past weekend coopers stt's sitting on soft 8's (15X8)..... I could not be happier it's like my transmission found its lost friend. She shifts better now, down shifts whenever there is a strain on the engine without me having to fluctuate my foot to free up the torque converter. No power loss that I can really tell though I dont take her past 70mph. I also keep my OD on like before and have no problem. I took a ride out to Montauk yesterday and commuted into Queens today. My Jeep looks and feels great. Oh and I changed my speedgear to 42 teeth to correct my odometer and speedometer. Best thing I did, but I must admit you guys got me worried whether or not to change anything from its stock setup glad I did though. Next week my OME lift goes on cant wait

RUGBYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ive got a 2000 2.5 cylinder running 33's on a 3.5 inch lift and i easily get to 75 in 4th. 5th gear however has no use anymore. people rag on the 2.5 liter but to be honest i crawl everywhere the 6cylinders do, the only big difference i notice is in the sand.
Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #33
rockwallchamp09
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i use the 31x10.50 setup while i still have this auto in mine, ive had them on there for a long time but a buddy gave me some oddball 32s and i like them on there as well but mine is used mostly off-road and no its no high dollar rock crawler but ive been in and out of some hairy **** here in Washington and my gears are only 3.73 as tagged on the axles//witch just reminded me i need to change the fluids out of my axles/// anyways the 31x10.50 should suite you well especially with the 4.56 ratios if you go above 33's i think is when you will start seeing major differences
jeep1.jpg  
Unread 08-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #34
Sudcalifornio
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i installed 31X10.50r15 on my 2004 jeep with the 2.4l powertech engine with the auto 43rle tranny and the 4.56 gear ratio. my speedometer is off 5 miles. another thing is calculating the speed correction i got 1 even 2 extra mpg in a good week. another thing is that i cant go faster than 75 on the freeway. i never use the od button. actually can somebody tell me if it would be good to switch to 33 inches tires
Sudcalifornio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tj , wrangler , gears , advice , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.