2 1/2" rough country lift? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2 1/2" rough country lift?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #16
PokeTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04

adjustable front track bars in front are notorious for hitting the diff cover. The highest clearance track bars available now are JKS and Currie, and both need 2" front bumpstop extensions. For under 3.5" of lift, you're far better off with the stock front track bar, unless you want to run at least 2" of front bumpstop extensions with either a Currie or JKS track bar.

Read this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...it-fit-738948/
It looks to me that this is more of a problem if you have a Dana 44

PokeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeTJ View Post
It looks to me that this is more of a problem if you have a Dana 44
no, its a big issue with either the D30 or D44
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
PokeTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

no, its a big issue with either the D30 or D44
When I get it in a couple of days, I'll see
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeTJ View Post
When I get it in a couple of days, I'll see
with the springs & jounce bumpers removed, and the shocks & track bar installed, push the axle to full bump (both sides fully compressed at the same time) using a floor jack, and take plenty of detailed pictures.

If you can't get the bumpstop cup to touch the base of the spring/bumpstop pad, you don't have enough bumpstop extension - and you have suspension inteferences.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

considering how long the RC 2.5" lift has been out one would think that they would eliminate the bumpstop that they put on the shocks and include a set of bumpstops instead.
drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #21
PokeTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

with the springs & jounce bumpers removed, and the shocks & track bar installed, push the axle to full bump (both sides fully compressed at the same time) using a floor jack, and take plenty of detailed pictures.

If you can't get the bumpstop cup to touch the base of the spring/bumpstop pad, you don't have enough bumpstop extension - and you have suspension inteferences.
I just finished putting my lift on, it looks like my rough country adj. control arm and bracket clear my front diff. I'll upload pictures later

Tags
2.4 , 2.5 , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.