2 1/2" rough country lift? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
PokeTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2 1/2" rough country lift?

I'm thinking about getting a 2.5 inch RC lift. Does anybody have anything bad to say about them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeTJ View Post
I'm thinking about getting a 2.5 inch RC lift. Does anybody have anything bad to say about them?
A whole lot of people do. If you want a cheap lift go with Zone.

My newest build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM
nich

My jeep is a daily driver with some offroad. I bought this lift with the upgrade shocks n steering stabilizer and I have been happy. People talk bad about RC but I think they r hard core offroaders I have been thru 30 inches of snow n countless amounts of mud with mine. With my lift and 33 inch swampers I must say it does well. I am changing to duratracs with my taxes but I am a happy camper

post #4 of 21 Old 03-12-2012, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
PokeTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nich
My jeep is a daily driver with some offroad. I bought this lift with the upgrade shocks n steering stabilizer and I have been happy. People talk bad about RC but I think they r hard core offroaders I have been thru 30 inches of snow n countless amounts of mud with mine. With my lift and 33 inch swampers I must say it does well. I am changing to duratracs with my taxes but I am a happy camper
Did you every have any driveshaft vibrations?
post #5 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The RC 2.5" lift is a decent setup but know that there will be parts that you will most likely want to add. First thing I can tell you if you plan on getting this lift is get the springs without the shocks. The 2.2 shocks are rough and tend to leak. Do yourself a favor and get a good set of quality shocks. If you get vibes with the lift do a mml or drop the tcase skid with some washers.

What are you planning on doing with your Jeep? DD, rockcrawling?
post #6 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
aoh1811
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just did the RC 2.5" so far so good, I hope they don't leak!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0039.JPG  

“Cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder, I'm an over 40 victim of fate"
post #7 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 03:45 PM
aoh1811
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
The RC 2.5" lift is a decent setup but know that there will be parts that you will most likely want to add. First thing I can tell you if you plan on getting this lift is get the springs without the shocks. The 2.2 shocks are rough and tend to leak. Do yourself a favor and get a good set of quality shocks. If you get vibes with the lift do a mml or drop the tcase skid with some washers.

What are you planning on doing with your Jeep? DD, rockcrawling?
Where exactly do you put the washers on the transfer skid? It doesn't look like anything is close to hitting on mine?

“Cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder, I'm an over 40 victim of fate"
post #8 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Mortalis5509
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoh1811 View Post
Where exactly do you put the washers on the transfer skid? It doesn't look like anything is close to hitting on mine?
If you need washers they go between the skid plate and the frame to help reduce drive line vibration.

RC coil springs and shocks are not bad. If you are the orginal purchaser then it's a lifetime warranty if something were to happen to them. It's a softer ride but not that bad. The "kit" does not come with bump stops so that is something that you will need to add. Use hockey pucks as they are cheap and do the job well.

Go DAWGS
post #9 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoh1811 View Post
Just did the RC 2.5" so far so good, I hope they don't leak!
they leak because they bottom out a lot. they bottom out a lot because RC doesn't give you the necessary bumpstop extensions to prevent them from doing so.

determine the compressed length of the shocks front and rear, and add bumpstop extensions accordingly.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #10 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 04:40 PM
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got this lift about two and a half years ago. It was fine at first, improved my ride quality a bit, but now its saggy and rough. Over that time I daily drove it probably 15k miles, wheeling about once a month.

Now I have Currie 3" springs sitting in the garage, and Fox shocks from Savvy are very next on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDustMan View Post
I took a poo once, and when I stood up, there was nothing in the toilet. I was positively terrified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

post #11 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

x2 on the bumpstop extensions, but as far as the shocks a lot of people myself included did not have a good experience with the 2.2 shocks. I did read in another thread that a guy bought the N2.0 shocks for the 4" lift and is running them with no problems on the 2.5" RC springs. Think he got them for not too expensive. Personally though I would invest in some bilstein shocks just my
post #12 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
I did read in another thread that a guy bought the N2.0 shocks for the 4" lift and is running them with no problems on the 2.5" RC springs.
this makes no sense. you can't just run 4" lift shocks on a 2.5" lift, the shocks will be too long and the bottoming out will be much worse.

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #13 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
PokeTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered it yesterday without shocks and a adjustable front track bar and rear track bar bracket
post #14 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeTJ View Post
I ordered it yesterday without shocks and a adjustable front track bar and rear track bar bracket
adjustable front track bars in front are notorious for hitting the diff cover. The highest clearance track bars available now are JKS and Currie, and both need 2" front bumpstop extensions. For under 3.5" of lift, you're far better off with the stock front track bar, unless you want to run at least 2" of front bumpstop extensions with either a Currie or JKS track bar.

Read this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...it-fit-738948/

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #15 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 06:15 PM
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
this makes no sense. you can't just run 4" lift shocks on a 2.5" lift, the shocks will be too long and the bottoming out will be much worse.
I am not saying it is logical, just saw that he is running them.

I just reread the thread it says he is running the N20 shocks on the 2.5" spring with the 3/4" spacer. I thought it was odd because it is a shock that is 26 Front Extended and 15" collapsed and the rears are 14 collapsed and 24 extended. Here is a link to the thread. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ne...1/index18.html

Tags
2.4 , 2.5 , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.