JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   2 1/2" rough country lift? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/2-1-2-rough-country-lift-1336732/)

PokeTJ 03-01-2012 05:21 PM

2 1/2" rough country lift?
 
I'm thinking about getting a 2.5 inch RC lift. Does anybody have anything bad to say about them?

Necromancer_tat 03-01-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeTJ (Post 13157539)
I'm thinking about getting a 2.5 inch RC lift. Does anybody have anything bad to say about them?

A whole lot of people do. If you want a cheap lift go with Zone.

nich 03-01-2012 06:11 PM

My jeep is a daily driver with some offroad. I bought this lift with the upgrade shocks n steering stabilizer and I have been happy. People talk bad about RC but I think they r hard core offroaders I have been thru 30 inches of snow n countless amounts of mud with mine. With my lift and 33 inch swampers I must say it does well. I am changing to duratracs with my taxes but I am a happy camper

PokeTJ 03-12-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nich
My jeep is a daily driver with some offroad. I bought this lift with the upgrade shocks n steering stabilizer and I have been happy. People talk bad about RC but I think they r hard core offroaders I have been thru 30 inches of snow n countless amounts of mud with mine. With my lift and 33 inch swampers I must say it does well. I am changing to duratracs with my taxes but I am a happy camper

Did you every have any driveshaft vibrations?

drewtj05 03-13-2012 03:26 PM

The RC 2.5" lift is a decent setup but know that there will be parts that you will most likely want to add. First thing I can tell you if you plan on getting this lift is get the springs without the shocks. The 2.2 shocks are rough and tend to leak. Do yourself a favor and get a good set of quality shocks. If you get vibes with the lift do a mml or drop the tcase skid with some washers.

What are you planning on doing with your Jeep? DD, rockcrawling?

aoh1811 03-13-2012 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just did the RC 2.5" so far so good, I hope they don't leak!

aoh1811 03-13-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewtj05 (Post 13232955)
The RC 2.5" lift is a decent setup but know that there will be parts that you will most likely want to add. First thing I can tell you if you plan on getting this lift is get the springs without the shocks. The 2.2 shocks are rough and tend to leak. Do yourself a favor and get a good set of quality shocks. If you get vibes with the lift do a mml or drop the tcase skid with some washers.

What are you planning on doing with your Jeep? DD, rockcrawling?

Where exactly do you put the washers on the transfer skid? It doesn't look like anything is close to hitting on mine?

Mortalis5509 03-13-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aoh1811 (Post 13233083)
Where exactly do you put the washers on the transfer skid? It doesn't look like anything is close to hitting on mine?

If you need washers they go between the skid plate and the frame to help reduce drive line vibration.

RC coil springs and shocks are not bad. If you are the orginal purchaser then it's a lifetime warranty if something were to happen to them. It's a softer ride but not that bad. The "kit" does not come with bump stops so that is something that you will need to add. Use hockey pucks as they are cheap and do the job well.

Unlimited04 03-13-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aoh1811 (Post 13233039)
Just did the RC 2.5" so far so good, I hope they don't leak!

they leak because they bottom out a lot. they bottom out a lot because RC doesn't give you the necessary bumpstop extensions to prevent them from doing so.

determine the compressed length of the shocks front and rear, and add bumpstop extensions accordingly.

PurpleTJ 03-13-2012 04:40 PM

I got this lift about two and a half years ago. It was fine at first, improved my ride quality a bit, but now its saggy and rough. Over that time I daily drove it probably 15k miles, wheeling about once a month.

Now I have Currie 3" springs sitting in the garage, and Fox shocks from Savvy are very next on the list :2thumbsup:

drewtj05 03-13-2012 05:00 PM

x2 on the bumpstop extensions, but as far as the shocks a lot of people myself included did not have a good experience with the 2.2 shocks. I did read in another thread that a guy bought the N2.0 shocks for the 4" lift and is running them with no problems on the 2.5" RC springs. Think he got them for not too expensive. Personally though I would invest in some bilstein shocks just my :2c:

Unlimited04 03-13-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewtj05 (Post 13233451)
I did read in another thread that a guy bought the N2.0 shocks for the 4" lift and is running them with no problems on the 2.5" RC springs.

this makes no sense. you can't just run 4" lift shocks on a 2.5" lift, the shocks will be too long and the bottoming out will be much worse.

PokeTJ 03-13-2012 05:47 PM

I ordered it yesterday without shocks and a adjustable front track bar and rear track bar bracket

Unlimited04 03-13-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeTJ (Post 13233711)
I ordered it yesterday without shocks and a adjustable front track bar and rear track bar bracket

adjustable front track bars in front are notorious for hitting the diff cover. The highest clearance track bars available now are JKS and Currie, and both need 2" front bumpstop extensions. For under 3.5" of lift, you're far better off with the stock front track bar, unless you want to run at least 2" of front bumpstop extensions with either a Currie or JKS track bar.

Read this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...it-fit-738948/

drewtj05 03-13-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited04 (Post 13233466)
this makes no sense. you can't just run 4" lift shocks on a 2.5" lift, the shocks will be too long and the bottoming out will be much worse.

I am not saying it is logical, just saw that he is running them.

I just reread the thread it says he is running the N20 shocks on the 2.5" spring with the 3/4" spacer. I thought it was odd because it is a shock that is 26 Front Extended and 15" collapsed and the rears are 14 collapsed and 24 extended. Here is a link to the thread. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ne...1/index18.html


The time now is 11:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.