1999 Wrangler Idling issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1999 Wrangler Idling issues

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
jpage3333
1999 TJ Wrangler 

1999 Wrangler Idling issues

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Manual
I have been having some issues with my Jeep and need some help. Here goes... When I start my vehicle is fires right up and will run like a champ. However after driving it around for a while whenever I go to stop and press the clutch down my RPM's plummet and almost cut the engine off and the engine will send more gas and the RPM's will rev up. Once stopped and while idling it will just keep bouncing back and forth, it will almost die and then it will rev back up. If I am stopped and press the clutch down none of this happens. I just swapped out a rusty vapor return line from the gas tank as I was thinking it was clogged. I can feel the difference in the amount of fuel I am actually burning but it did not fix this idling issue. I am not getting any codes to popup either but there is something noticeably wrong. Has anyone ever experienced this kind of issue before or has any suggestions? Thanks

jpage3333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , rough , idle , dying , stalling , rpm

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.