1999 Wire Harness Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1999 Wire Harness Help

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
liv4evr
1999 TJ Wrangler 

1999 Wire Harness Help

I swapped from a 2.5L to and 03 4.0L and im having trouble with the cab side of the harness. anybody with a 4 banger 99 mind telling me which color plugs go in what order under the dash and beyond that point what is the purpose for each plug.

Thanks in advance!

Unread 12-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
liv4evr
1999 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
robncar
Lets hear it for Gravity!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Check your PM's
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I’m not sure what you actually need, can you give more info on what you have & what you need? If you are talking about the stack of 8 connectors in the kick panel area I can give you specific connector #s but they don’t really have specific functions.

If you can read wiring diagrams, here is a link.

See online read only FSMs here:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service
You may have to go to the bottom of the page & pick Jeep Resources & online manuals if it directs you to home page rather than the knowledge base.
Pick your model & year then on the drop down menu pick the chapter you need.
Rubi4MyMrs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure that they will work at all,but could be wrong. 03 was the first year of the interior change and the 99 may be different. I'm quite sure the pcm won't operate the gauges correctly though. The 99 uses a ccd bus and the 03 uses a pci bus.

After double checking it seems you will need to do a lot of rewiring and change the instrument cluster. The pci bus only uses one wire to talk to the gauges where the ccd bus uses two.

I take it you already have the new engine mounts welded to the frame and the engine in.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
liv4evr
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yes I do. so your saying i have to swap the interior wiring no choice?
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4evr View Post
Yes I do. so your saying i have to swap the interior wiring no choice?
Yes swap in a gauge cluster and interior wiring from a 01-02 tj. Even than I'm not sure if the 03 plugs are compatible, so you may nees to do some modifying. The 01-02 cluster will be bolt in and is pci bus, so the 03 pcm will run the gauges correctly.

To bad the 4.0 is already in. I was going to suggest a magnum v8 swap instead. It would be about the same amount of work and not much more money either.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4.0 swap , 99 , harness , swap , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.