1999 TJ - Pulsing Interior & Exterior Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1999 TJ - Pulsing Interior & Exterior Lights

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
jademarzo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

1999 TJ - Pulsing Interior & Exterior Lights

Hello Fellow Jeepsters,

I have searched the forums for an answer to an issue I've been having in my Jeep for the last 2 weeks or so. I've found some good information, but most problems others have been facing are not exactly the same as mine.

Jeep: 1999 Jeep Wrangler - Sport, I6, manual trans

When I sit at idle, the lights flicker, and the voltage meter goes from a 14 down to a 12, then goes red. Sometimes it jumps back on its own, sometimes not. As soon as I put it in first and start driving, the voltage meter runs back up to 14 and the light in the exterior and interior get brighter.

While I'm driving on the freeway, the light will also flicker even though I'm not changing speeds or gears. Sometimes they will get brighter as I push the gas, and get dimmer as I ease off the gas.

Does anyone have any ideas what this problem can be?

I know that it could be: Alternator / Voltage Regulator / Bad Ground...
But not really sure which of those it is most likely. Anyone have this problem before? Any clues on things to check to get a better diagnosis?

I really appreciate the time and everyone's responses.

Have a great day.

John

jademarzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
WahooCreek
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Could also be battery issue.
WahooCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
MarkR_98Sport
2014 JK Wrangler 

Do you have any aftermarket electronics? Have there been any mods to the electrical system other than plug and play component? How old is the battery? Alternator? How long has the issue been going on?
MarkR_98Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
bigrob713
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Start with the obvious first. Check your belt and belt tension.
bigrob713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
jademarzo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do you have any aftermarket electronics? Have there been any mods to the electrical system other than plug and play component? How old is the battery? Alternator? How long has the issue been going on?
Only the radio. Battery is 1 year old, not sure about alternator though.

Quote:
Start with the obvious first. Check your belt and belt tension.
I will check out the forums and see if there is any info on it. Thank you for the response. I'll update when I figure more out.
jademarzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.