1999 TJ Odometer Issues? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1999 TJ Odometer Issues?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
FLaminTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

1999 TJ Odometer Issues?

I know Wranglers aren't known for their gas mileage, however it seems that I have been filling up the tank too much. I use my jeep as a daily driver and I fill it up when the gas light goes on. At that time the odometer reads around 190-200 miles on that tank. Is that normal compared to other jeeps or is there something wrong with my Wrangler?

FLaminTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

That's not to far off. Check your speedometer gear. With bigger than stock tires it will throw everything off. You should have a 38 tooth gear, presuming you have 4.11 gears.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It kind of depends on when the light comes on. If it comes on when you have 6 gallons left in the tank, it's pretty good. If it comes on when you have 1 pint left, ouch!

Miles per tank don't mean anything. Compute your MPG and you'll have a valid number to consider and compare.
Unread 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
k6usy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLaminTJ View Post
I know Wranglers aren't known for their gas mileage, however it seems that I have been filling up the tank too much. I use my jeep as a daily driver and I fill it up when the gas light goes on. At that time the odometer reads around 190-200 miles on that tank. Is that normal compared to other jeeps or is there something wrong with my Wrangler?

Most of the time I don't let it ding and fill up when I hit 150~160. I only see higher on road trips.

Tags
gas , mileage , odometer , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.