1999 Sahara Models - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1999 Sahara Models

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 12-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
musiclife17

1999 Sahara Models

I just bought my first Wrangler ( 1999 Sahara) and I canít wait to build it up. When I was throwing some new wheels and tires on it, I noticed that there were two different Sahara models, a base and an opt 1. Can anyone tell me how I know which one I picked up? Iíve been searching around, and canít find the answer. Thanks for any help you can give.

musiclife17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
HKguy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My 98 Sahara has the 44 in the rear with 3.73s, which is an option for the Sahara. It did have factory fog lights, chrome grille inserts, and chrome headlight bezels. Take a peek at the rear diff and see if its a 35. My 44 still had the metal tag with sn and axle ratio on it. I really didn't answer your question but if its optioned out I would bet its not the base model.
HKguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Slugger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Search build sheets on this forum to get a copy for your Jeep. Also, if you have a helpful dealer they can get you one. Should tell you what was installed on the assembly line.
Slugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
musiclife17

Thanks!
musiclife17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.