1998 Wrangler Passenger Seat Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1998 Wrangler Passenger Seat Lift

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
owensdw

1998 Wrangler Passenger Seat Lift

My

Passenger Seat will no longer recline foward to allow passengers in and out.
Is this a common problem, with an easy fix?

Thanks

Donnie

owensdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
jeepskinc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This needs to be moved over to the TJ forum.

I assume by recline forward you are no longer able to lift the up on the small latch on the lower back of the seat causing the seat to tilt forward for easier access to the back. My 97 TJ has the same problem. From what I can tell the cable that runs from the latch to the release mechanism below the seat is no longer providing enough tension to release the mechanism. I have not tried fixing yet. You can reach down from the front and release the mechansm but its a pain. If someone knows a fix for this, I'd like to hear it.
jeepskinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
rpg1520
Heavily Armed Liberal
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mine doesn't work either, but I can always get it to tilt up, l hope I can explain this. I just hold the seat slider lever up with my right hand and push the seat foward with my left hand, it just tilts right up. Must be a 97 thing.
rpg1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe the pull cable is broken?

http://www.4x4xplor.com/seattrack.html
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.