1998 Jeep Wont Start, No Power To Coil Either - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1998 Jeep Wont Start, No Power To Coil Either

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
celicagt03jsn

1998 Jeep Wont Start, No Power To Coil Either

I have done some work on my jeep recently. I blew a few fuses and replaced them and everything was working fine. I pulled the jeep in the garage and forgot i had something draining the battery. So, the battery died and I got the battery charged and put it back in. Now, the jeep will crank and crank all day long but will not start. If the key is in the on poistion, none of the gauges move what so ever. I do not know if thats normal or not, or if the jeep has to be started first for them to move. I do not know if I fried something in the ecm or if something else is wrong. I tested the wires going into the coil, and I get no voltage. I do not know what else to do. I hope someone can help. Thanks

celicagt03jsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The crank position sensor on the tranny bellhousing and the cam position sensor under the distributor cap are 2 sensors that commonly cause no-spark issues like you are having.

The cam position sensor can be tested. It should read 5 volts with the key on.

I'm sure the crank position sensor can be tested too, but I'm not sure how. One trick you can try is unplugging it and plug it back in. Sometimes you can get a few more starts out of a bad crank position sensor by doing this.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.