18yr old Daughter's Jeep Ideas, What you think?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 18yr old Daughter's Jeep Ideas, What you think??

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #31
chitownEMT
1998 TJ Wrangler 

When I bought my 98 TJ it had 31" tires already, but I thought it didn't look right; too low, not enough clearance between the tire and the flare:

So I added a simple 2" coil spacer lift and now I think it sits really well, not too high and plenty of clearance to the fender.

I think it's a good route to go. Cheap, simple, and effective. It also didn't affect how my Jeep handled.

Before and after pics. Sorry about the size.

dsc02772jf.jpg   imag0087jf2.jpg  

In the long run men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high.
- Thoreau

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was, within me, an invincible summer.
- Albert Camus

[B]Disclaimer:[/B] The advice given on this forum is free; however, its value may be much less than you paid for it.
chitownEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 06:13 AM   #32
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

do the bds 2" lift. for the money its about the best option.
nice ride. good spring rates. decent shocks.
glfwda #6624
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #33
parrotparty
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ had the 2" Teraflex Coil Spacer before with 31x10.5. And I am just about to finish installing a 3" BDS Lift. But I put about 7 thousand miles on the teraflex and god knows how many miles were on it before but it rode pretty well and wheeled pretty well to. It was a good height for the 31's.

Goodluck with the decision. But what I noticed is, the spacers are nice and it rode alright but with the 3" Lift(I Installed the rear so far) it rights tighter and smoother. The 2" Suspension(BDS or whatever you decide..)would probably be a good height and better ride then coil spacers that big.

Oh and if you go BDS try and go through a local dealer it will save you some money.

[QUOTE=freedommachine;12840223]If it makes you paranoid and requires forum discussions it belongs on a Jeep.[/QUOTE]

"Well boss, a diesel needs its oil like a sailor needs his rum."- Capt. Ron
parrotparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #34
LRod
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Buy her a late model Corolla for school and to commute. Keep her Jeep and build it with a set of 35's, Boulder bars, swing out carrier and 4;88's! Then post a picture of her when she sees it on her next trip home.
LRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #35
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRod View Post
Buy her a late model Corolla for school and to commute. Keep her Jeep and build it with a set of 35's, Boulder bars, swing out carrier and 4;88's! Then post a picture of her when she sees it on her next trip home.
She would prob pass out if I did all that. I know my wife would pass out all right.. Besides there is no way that I am going to build her TJ bigger than my YJ!!! I know she would like that plan though.. haha
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #36
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

bite the bullet and do a OME 2.5 lift... progressive rate springs and they ride like a dream!

'04 TJ... '65 CJ5(sold :( )... 89' Int. Harvester Toter!
j_bydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #37
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm a big fan of OME, too. Not the least expensive option, but not the most, either, and great ride quality.

Here's mine in the beginning with 265/75/16s (about 31.5"), OME, ACOS (there's a Warn ti9500 on the bumper), and zero BL:

BTW,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
...there is no way that I am going to build her TJ bigger than my YJ!!!
Why on Gaia's blue globe does she get the TJ and you get the YJ?! It's a child's duty to accept hand-me-downs.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #38
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
do the bds 2" lift. for the money its about the best option.
nice ride. good spring rates. decent shocks.
x2, nice ride and stance. I also installed a 1.25" body lift to clear 33s.

1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #39
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
I'm a big fan of OME, too. Not the least expensive option, but not the most, either, and great ride quality.

Here's mine in the beginning with 265/75/16s (about 31.5"), OME, ACOS, and zero bl:

BTW,

Why on Gaia's blue globe does she get the TJ and you get the YJ?! It's a child's duty to accept hand-me-downs.
Well I am only 43 years old and I don't plan on letting anyone inherit it anytime soon... I figure me and it have at least another 43 years and by then it will probably be needing a tune up or something that she will not want to do anyway...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #40
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's mine on a 3" bds kit with adjustable f/r upper/lower arms and 32" tires

Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #41
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom View Post
Here's mine on a 3" bds kit with adjustable f/r upper/lower arms and 32" tires

Nice looking jeep... And it seems to have more than plenty of flex ability.
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.