18yr old Daughter's Jeep Ideas, What you think?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 18yr old Daughter's Jeep Ideas, What you think??

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 11-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #16
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyRN View Post
If she's just wanting to run 31" tires, this 1" lift might be an option (just throwing it out there for consideration):

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/1-...-lift-1150250/
armyRN - Thanks for the thread link, I read through that and that is not a bad idea for what I am looking for. I am certainly giving that some hard thought. I like to way your jeep sits with the kit and 31's, that is about what I am looking for.

I know it has been a little while now that you have had it, any regrets or things you might have done differently??

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have anything pertinent to add, I just want to know if Hank is eating a slice of watermelon. My eyes aren't what they used to be.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
SolarOne
2005 LJ Wrangler 

+1 on the H&R kit for 31s, it should be near perfect fitment and its ~180 at the tire rack iirc
SolarOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #19
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo196 View Post
I don't have anything pertinent to add, I just want to know if Hank is eating a slice of watermelon. My eyes aren't what they used to be.
Haha No actually that is a floppy Frisbee, he wants to play frisbee all the time.. Wears me out with it!!
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
2006LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just put a rough country 2.5" lift in came with coils and shocks and it rides amazingly better than the stock set-up. I am running 31's and haven't really noticed much difference in fuel economy. I have an LJ so when the lift was installed it didn't change the drive shaft angle significantly enough to produce any drive line vibes. Have to put longer sway bar links on the front but that's peanuts. Here's my build thread for reference

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/0...-jeep-1285201/
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
Bordr329
1997 TJ Wrangler 

More pics of daughter lol jk. 31s and a bb will be fine. Hopefully she will get really into it and become a member here
Bordr329 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
tjsmith63
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just put the BDS 2" on my TJ a few weeks ago. Netted out close to 4" because my jeep was sagging as much as your daughters appears to be from the pics. With the new suspension my jeep is driving better than ever. My Jeep was floating all over the road before and now holds a strait line. I added the disconnecting sways as well. They are a nice add. Let me know if you want before and after pics. Here is the kit. http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...5&yr=1997-2002
tjsmith63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPNinPA View Post
A TJ shouldn't float around on the road. I'd check that out. I felt floating from steering boxes going, alignment issues or tall wide tires. But not on a stock set up in good condition.

As for the lift you could go BB 2-2.5 in and still maintain a good ride.

PS For mpg 2-2.5 shouldn't effect it much. Tire width, thread and speed (mph) would be a bigger effect.
Your floating could be your current tires/wheels, or you could have worn steering components. I agree that a quality 2 - 2.5 inch lift should not effect the road manners of this Jeep. You could do a 1 inch body lift, and a 1 - 1.5 inch pucks over the Springs. If you are really concerned about it, the OME 2 inch lift is a real nice setup. Whatever, you do, if the new tires and/or shocks (new shocks maybe required with lift) don't cure the float issue, get it checked out as Daughter's are kind of hard to replace.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #24
armyRN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
armyRN - Thanks for the thread link, I read through that and that is not a bad idea for what I am looking for. I am certainly giving that some hard thought. I like to way your jeep sits with the kit and 31's, that is about what I am looking for.

I know it has been a little while now that you have had it, any regrets or things you might have done differently??
Thanks, but I think you're getting my Jeep confused with someone elses. My Jeep has a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift with 33" tires (285/75/16"). Check out my profile for specifics, and send me a pm if you have any questions. I pretty much did all the work on it except set up the gears and axles. I swapped out the Dana 35 for a built 44.

I've had it with this set up for three years now, and have been very happy with it. It's only go the four cylinder engine, but with 4.88 gears it's totally doable. When I bought the Jeep it was totally stock. I knew the direction I wanted it to go, so I pretty much knocked it out over a couple month period. It wasn't cheap, but I only had to do it once. I think the only things I might have done differently would have been:

1. While I had the transfer case apart doing the SYE conversion, I wish I had put a thing in so I could have 2WD low range. It comes in handy on my other Jeep.
2. I really like the Dick Cepek Torque wheels - I wish I had got them instead of the black spokes. Nothing against my black spokes, I just like the looks of the Torques better.
3. When I first lifted the Jeep I got one of those HD Olympic spare tire relocator things that advertises it raises the spare tire up 2" and moves it out 2". It moves the tire out 2", but doesn't lift it at all. I took it off and made an adapter plate that raises the spare tire 2.25" on the tailgate and only moves it out about 1/4".
4. I've got a Rokmen gas tank skid. Very well made; solid and very sturdy. As are my A-Z rocker guards. But they're heavy, and I've got a four cylinder. I wish I had got the gas tank skid and rocker guards made of aluminum like from Savvy (Savvy's came out after I got my Rokmen skid). I don't know how much a difference the lighter weight would have made, but I'm figuring wouldn't hurt/might help.

My Jeep at Moab 2011
dscn0388.1jpg.jpg  
armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #25
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If she's just wanting to run 31" tires, this 1" lift might be an option (just throwing it out there for consideration):

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/1-...-lift-1150250/
Quote:
Thanks, but I think you're getting my Jeep confused with someone elses.
Yeah Sorry, I was actually referring to the link you had left on the 1" H&R lift..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 11-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #26
badazzelanore
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well, you raised her right. Mine is two and always wants to go in "Daddy's Jeep" and she has her own barbie jeep that she tears up the driveway/side walk with. Anytime im messing with my jeep she wants me or her mother to get hers out.
badazzelanore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #27
jeep_tech7
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i would say look into a 2 inch lift with either 31's or 32's probably 31's since she commutes home every weekend, plus on the upside you can always throw a 1.25 jks body lift and mml in for her birthday to make it alittle higher!
jeep_tech7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #28
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmith63 View Post
Just put the BDS 2" on my TJ a few weeks ago. Netted out close to 4" because my jeep was sagging as much as your daughters appears to be from the pics. With the new suspension my jeep is driving better than ever. My Jeep was floating all over the road before and now holds a strait line. I added the disconnecting sways as well. They are a nice add. Let me know if you want before and after pics. Here is the kit. http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...5&yr=1997-2002
tjsmith, if you don't mind and have some before and afters I would appreciate it. We are looking hard at this lift.

Did it cause any kind of vibrations or anything unexpected??
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 11-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #29
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just bought her 5 Dick Cepek 31X10.50 Mud Country's mounted on flat black steelies with black center caps and lug nuts. Still debating on the lift and/or springs. I like the H&R 1" springs but would like to gain just a little more height than that. Looking more at the BDS 2" springs and shocks. That should make a pretty good difference for her and help with the road manners a little.

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 11-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #30
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is the before measurement of the center of door. Probably will not have any afters until around Christmas. Before we start on it, I will take a few more measurements of bumpers and things so we can tell what we actually get out of it.

Does anyone know what stock height should be at bottom of doors? Are we close, or do we have saggy springs?
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.