15x7 rims vs 15x8 rims for my TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 15x7 rims vs 15x8 rims for my TJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 06-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore

1997 TJ Wrangler 

15x7 rims vs 15x8 rims for my TJ

I currently have 15x8 rims on my TJ.... no idea what backspacing... running 31x9.5x15 tires

I want to buy new rims & I am looking at the Cragar steelies.

They offer 15x7 & 15x8 size & have 4.5" backspacing

So whats the advantages/disadvantages to each size rim?

The new tires i run will be 10.5" wide... I dont want to replace my flares so I dont want the tires to stick out "too" far

thanks

+GRAVES+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
dyna

The stockers are 5.5" backspacing. I have 31x10.50 on my stock 7" grizzlys. I prefer a 7" wide rim with the 31`s for better sidewall protection, I dont think 32`s with 7`s and 5.5 backspacing would cut it. The 8 even would put the tire to close to the spring perches it seems. IMO if your sticking with 31`s go with the 7" wide rime.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.