10 bucks worth of aluminum - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 10 bucks worth of aluminum

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #16
miguelitojeep97

great work Blaine! Can we see some skid marks to prove they work?

1997 TJ 4.0 5 spd. rock track 4:1, 3.5 inch Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k, D44/30 locked with 4:88s, Vanco BIG BRAKES!!and more...
miguelitojeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #17
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
i guess the days of the mercedes rotor are long gone?
Expensive, problematic, and under performance will kill most things.

This version is easier, better, and only requires a new master to excel in performance. Plus, if you want even better brakes, a simple hydroboost install will handle 40" tires with ease.
Unread 07-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #18
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
great work Blaine! Can we see some skid marks to prove they work?
There's a set of skid marks in front of my house about 60' long from a set of 37" MT/R's. Bring a camera.
Unread 07-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #19
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Very cool mrblaine. This answers a question I was about to post up regarding upgrade options on the rear disk brakes on my LJ. Looks like I'll have to start saving up some cash and be ready when these come out
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 03:26 AM   #20
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
There's a set of skid marks in front of my house about 60' long from a set of 37" MT/R's. Bring a camera.
Those flat spots on the tires are gonna cause vibes and death wobble!
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #21
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryN View Post
That's too much brake for Gerald, he's gonna lose a tooth.
I'm too short for that!

You know I have the best brakes out there! I can do front flips with my 03!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #22
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Close, very close.

Dodge Ram 1500 Centric Premium calipers, dual 54mm pistons, 13.23" diameter x 1.10" thick Centric Premium rotors re-drilled and re-centered to fit on the late model TJ unitbearing inside 17" only rims and EBC yellow pads with a new 1.0625 master to run them off the stock booster.

One can never have too much horsepower, too much steering, or too much brake.
damn you. you tell me this after i've bought 15 and 16" wheels, tires and almost have the Vancos on my HP D30.

i'd thought about the same kind of caliper bracket to get WJ calipers on stock TJ knuckles. would be interesting.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #23
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSnow View Post
Very cool mrblaine. This answers a question I was about to post up regarding upgrade options on the rear disk brakes on my LJ. Looks like I'll have to start saving up some cash and be ready when these come out
These go on the front.
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #24
Barrows
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Blaine, your work always amazes me.....sorry if that sounded like a nut swinger comment....
Barrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #25
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
damn you. you tell me this after i've bought 15 and 16" wheels, tires and almost have the Vancos on my HP D30.
Sorry about that. One of Van's customers got in a bind and needed his brakes sooner, much sooner than anticipated. Gerald was kind enough to send the brakes for the Savvy Unlimited to him to get them out of a bind. That meant this Unlimited here I have in my driveway was brakeless and we needed something for him to hit the Rubicon trail with for the Jeeper's Jamboree in a couple of weeks.

Since the opportunity was there, I snagged a few parts, sat down with the machinist and came up with that bracket. What's not immediately evident is it's symmetrical and the same bracket works on both sides.

Quote:
i'd thought about the same kind of caliper bracket to get WJ calipers on stock TJ knuckles. would be interesting.
Depends on the rotor diameter. Smaller rotors let the caliper bracket run into the unitbearing portion of the skirt on the knuckle. Plus you'd have to do a lot of machining to make them look very similar to Van's knuckles to make it work.
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #26
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Blaine, thats a slick bracket, but i expect nothing less from you. What kind of options do you have for the JK rubi axles under my TJ? You guys planning anything for JK's? I'm already running 17's to clear the rotors, and have the centric rotors and yellowstuff pads up front. Not to get off topic, just wondering.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #27
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry about that. One of Van's customers got in a bind and needed his brakes sooner, much sooner than anticipated. Gerald was kind enough to send the brakes for the Savvy Unlimited to him to get them out of a bind. That meant this Unlimited here I have in my driveway was brakeless and we needed something for him to hit the Rubicon trail with for the Jeeper's Jamboree in a couple of weeks.

Since the opportunity was there, I snagged a few parts, sat down with the machinist and came up with that bracket. What's not immediately evident is it's symmetrical and the same bracket works on both sides.

Depends on the rotor diameter. Smaller rotors let the caliper bracket run into the unitbearing portion of the skirt on the knuckle. Plus you'd have to do a lot of machining to make them look very similar to Van's knuckles to make it work.
Hey get to work! I'm at the shop now!

James,

Eventually he'll start on the JK stuff. I just need to leave one with him for a a few months so he can tinker with it.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #28
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Blaine, thats a slick bracket, but i expect nothing less from you. What kind of options do you have for the JK rubi axles under my TJ? You guys planning anything for JK's? I'm already running 17's to clear the rotors, and have the centric rotors and yellowstuff pads up front. Not to get off topic, just wondering.
To tell the truth, all the JK owner's I've spoken with relate that there single pot calipers are more than adequate for 37's. I don't believe them just like I don't believe TJ owners when they say their brakes are "fine".

That said, there's also been little call to Van for upgraded brakes for the JK.

Matters not, I can build anything when it comes to brakes so if you think something is needed, I'll start thinking about it.
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #29
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
These go on the front.
D'oh
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #30
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can lock up the brakes on 35's at 50, and stop in about 30 feet. It will stop. What worries me is how sideways it puts me. Plus, 37's are back on the table, so I'm trying to think ahead.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aluminum , brake caliper bracket , centeric premium calipers , savvy , vanco super 17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.