1 ton Rubicon build - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1 ton Rubicon build

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #106
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The simple fact is the jeep is awesome. The guy works hard (and gets to use his income on his jeep, which is also really nice). You have great work ethic to pull this off. Can't wait to see if you build some more.

Unread 04-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #107
RUBtjICON
1995 ZJ 

I'm not hating, infact if you read back I complimented the build and even made a wallpaper out of it. I just seen a bazillion posts about how he afforded, so I answered the question above me with a smartass response. I guess it didnt come across with my intended purpose.
All Who Drive Jeeps Are Not Jeepers - Willy 3:16
RUBtjICON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #108
ericson89
2000 TJ Wrangler 

that beast is disgusting. It looks hungry
Unread 04-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #109
NoMercy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachbh View Post
oh please say your going to CSU.
Hell yes, Will be there Aug 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by drerict View Post
Where in Colorado are you going to go to school?

There are some areas of Colorado that do not have vehicle inspections, where other counties do.

You may check that out before you move, if you can move to a county where there is no inspections you should be fine, all they will need to do is a vin check.
Colorado State University.

In fort collins there isnt a Clean Air Colorado Emissions test, so im fine. The one thing that was worrying me was my removable steering wheel/ lack of airbag.

With the emissions test, they scan the PCM for diagnostics of the emissions, but it would throw faults for the airbag online. But since i dont have that test, im fine.

I guess i could still get tickets from police for an unsafe vehical. but im hoping for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izanuff View Post
Good work bud!
Whats your caster at? What are you going to do for bumpstops? Also you may want a spacer on the upper trackbar heim so you dont flex out and tweak the bracket.
Don’t really know the caster, but its set to where a stock D60 is in a Ford. Going to run Airbumps up front when I get some cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff83 View Post
what flavor roll cage is that custom or BTF like most of your other armor?
Poison Spyder trail cage with a lot of cross bracing added

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBtjICON View Post
Rich family ?
Surprisingly, The only money my mother LENT me was small to buy the stock jeep, Which I payed her back.
IF you look at it, selling the Rubi Axles and lift and tires I had gave me a significant amount of money to do the 1 ton project, contrary to popular belief.
And my father passed away a few years ago, and jerry rigged everything he tried to fix. Never was a mechanic or anything, but was a pilot and was pretty good at flying million dollar planes, go figure.
And yes, my mom hates this fuggin thing. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTWeezul View Post
Very nice looking Jeep! What are your plans with the stinger hoop? I see the supports running into the wheel well but since the coil overs are there it isn't mounted to anything for strength...or at least it doesn't appear to be from the pics.
Going to run the braces to the front of the Coilover hoops, They dont really rub on flex. Its actually pretty good. The steering arms bind on the frame before the tires have a chance to rub fender or anything.

Last edited by NoMercy; 04-27-2009 at 01:26 PM..
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #110
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

where is the wheeling pics?

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #111
zachbh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh hell yeah. You'll be living in AV? I thought you said somewhere you will be majoring in engineering.

Anyways, I don't even know you but I've decided you may come over to my house to wrench anytime. You wont want to be doing anything in the parking lot - trust me.
zachbh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #112
timritchieblue
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dont tell me " its a driveway crawler" we want some pics & videos...... super nice rig

2000 TJ 2.5" CLAYTON L.A. W/HYDROS, SYE/XJ SHAFT, 4:10 GEARS, 8.8 MINI SPOOLED, LOC-RIGHT FRONT, 1" BODY LIFT, 1" MML, 35" MAXXIS BIGHORNS, RE GEN 2DISCOs, BELLY UP, ALCOS IN FRONT, WARN X8000I
timritchieblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #113
NoMercy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachbh View Post
Oh hell yeah. You'll be living in AV? I thought you said somewhere you will be majoring in engineering.

Anyways, I don't even know you but I've decided you may come over to my house to wrench anytime. You wont want to be doing anything in the parking lot - trust me.
I'm actually in Allison as of right now.

Sweet, ill definitely drop by when i'm there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
dont tell me " its a driveway crawler" we want some pics & videos...... super nice rig
Nah, its not. Its sitting right now getting 35 Spline drive flanges and 35 spline D60 Axle shafts.

Will get some wheelin pics when im done. Trying to find new places, since my local spots have been deemed trespassing with lots of signs

Ill get the good one when i get to colorado.
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #114
zachbh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm actually in Allison as of right now.

Sweet, ill definitely drop by when i'm there.
Ah Allison. You still majoring in eng?

Good deal. We'll have a few beverages.
zachbh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #115
shrewd
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy View Post
Thanks everyone.
Colorado State University.

In fort collins there isnt a Clean Air Colorado Emissions test, so im fine. The one thing that was worrying me was my removable steering wheel/ lack of airbag.

I guess i could still get tickets from police for an unsafe vehical. but im hoping for the best.
The police in Fort Collins are pretty laid back. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Wonderful build, enjoy it and welcome to the front range.
Unread 04-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #116
cjhasacj
1981 CJ7 

Wow...

You are a genius my friend! You have managed to construct a very sharp and trail capable Jeep. Not many people can actually pull that off!! Not only that, your young and smart as h*ll! Not many people your age could pull somthing like that off! Your Jeep has inspired me to build one pretty close to that, but with my own twists! MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU!
cjhasacj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2009, 05:24 AM   #117
richla
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have to say: This jeep is stunning, and I'd like to meet this guy. Amazing build. Keep us up to date, with pics, etc., would ya? Very very nice.
richla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #118
ProjectWhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

great work, all the guys from mass should meet up with this kid before he heads to CO
ProjectWhiteTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #119
richla
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if he's even around here, or already gone? Just an amazing jeep!
richla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #120
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Can't believe he might sell it....Saw that on Pirate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.