1.5 inch spacer and i inch body lift is this a good lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1.5 inch spacer and i inch body lift is this a good lift?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 02-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #1
magnum629
2005 TJ Wrangler 

1.5 inch spacer and i inch body lift is this a good lift?

I was looking at a 1.5 inch spacer lift with shocks and then a 1 inch body lift. Im only looking for about 2.5 inches of lift for my 32 mtrs ! I no most people are going to say go with the 2 inch spacer but i just dont like the look i feel with all that lift then i want bigger tires. Will i beet the drive line vibes if i only go up 1.5 inches ?and has anyone done a 1.5 inch spacer and 1 inch body lift? thanks all !!

magnum629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
method84

well if you go with a rubicon express budget boost the spacers are 1.75" and its only a quarter inch of a difference over the spacers that you want. With 1.75" of suspension lift you may or may not run into drivline vibes (every jeep is different). The chances of getting driveline vibes with a dana35 as apposed to a dana 44 are less likely however because the dana 35 has a longer rear driveshaft. Getting rid of driveline vibes with that ammount of lift isnt defficult. It involves dropping the transfer case skid plate and adding new bolts and putting washers in between the skid plate and the frame. You can find a good writeup here:

http://www.4x4xplor.com/t-casedrop.html (transfer case drop)

http://www.4x4xplor.com/REBB.html (budget boost installation)

If you have any more questions, there is a lot of guys running this setup on the board including me.

Also, are you going to taking your jeep offroad or is it going to be a street ride? If it is going offroad (I hope so ) then you will need that body lift to clear the 32's. If you dont plan on going offroad you can run just the budget boost and be fine with tire clearence for the 32's without having to worry about adding a body lift
method84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
94YJ H.O.

If your going to do the 1 inch body lift, most people suggest doing the 1 inch Motor Mount Lift. Using the MML you will help keep driveline angles in check and avoid the vibes.

I just installed the Currie 1" body lift, and I feel for $10 more it costs then the Performance Accessories kit it is more then worth it. The overall quality is far superior then the regular resin blocks. They use black powdercoated aluminum and the mounts are shaped to fit over the original body bushing.

Plus the Currie kit comes with Grade 8 Hardware, the PA kit comes with Grade 5.
I got mine from www.redrock4x4.com, they are a vendor here and will take care of you

My NEW [url="http://www.rigrater.com"]RigRater[/url] Score: 406RRv1.0 with a BOA of 31.60
94YJ H.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
method84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94YJ H.O.
If your going to do the 1 inch body lift, most people suggest doing the 1 inch Motor Mount Lift. Using the MML you will help keep driveline angles in check and avoid the vibes.

I just installed the Currie 1" body lift, and I feel for $10 more it costs then the Performance Accessories kit it is more then worth it. The overall quality is far superior then the regular resin blocks. They use black powdercoated aluminum and the mounts are shaped to fit over the original body bushing.

Plus the Currie kit comes with Grade 8 Hardware, the PA kit comes with Grade 5.
I got mine from www.redrock4x4.com, they are a vendor here and will take care of you
Did the currie kit come with radiator relocation an t-case relocation brakets?
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by method84
Did the currie kit come with radiator relocation an t-case relocation brakets?
The Currie kit is made to be used with the MML. It has no other brackets.
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #6
94YJ H.O.

No it didn't, but since I was doing the MML at the same time that really didn't matter to me.

From the clearance I had after the Body Lift, only minor trimming of the fan shroud would be needed.

Forgot to mention that Currie uses the same kit for TJ's and YJ's.

My NEW [url="http://www.rigrater.com"]RigRater[/url] Score: 406RRv1.0 with a BOA of 31.60
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #7
method84

gee that stinks. I really like the fact that pucks are aluminum, powder coated black, and it uses grae 8 hardware.
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #8
94YJ H.O.

Yeah, but you can get MML's for like $60, in fact Brown Dog sells 'em for that price. Plus the MML can help out if you ever decide to do an SYE and Tummy Tuck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.