06flex's build (my build up) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 06flex's build (my build up)

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #91
Asored2000
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome! I've enjoyed reading the thread thus far. Can't wait to see the lift and tires on.

Unread 05-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #92
Keelentime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06flex View Post
Columbia area.

Well today I am one step closer to doing the lift. I bought the tires and had them balanced only to find out that one of the rims came in bent from q tech. It will be my spare for now untill i can get a new wheel in. Over all they seem to have balanced well the guy said. It was a guy I deal with local that called me about five times during the balancing process to update with what was going on. All that is left now to buy is a good drill bit and some brake bleeding supplies......and of course my vacation coming up the week of the 18-24. My 2 year anniversary is on the 20th so i have the 16-19th to do the lift. Here are a few pictures of the tires they are 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT's. I wanted BF goodrich MT's or Cooper SST's but it was a $400 difference for the set of 5. I will up date you guys in a week with my progress.

You will like the mastercrafts... I have had a couple sets, and loved them. They are made by Cooper ya know, and I am a HUGE cooper fan!!!

Can't wait to see the end result

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #93
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

looks great nice work i like the black wheels alot
2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Looking for 4.88s (R&P) for a d44/d30 PM me
TJSport01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #94
06flex
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well I have been reading a lot about death wobble and how tires/wheels have a lot to do with it most of the time. So I thought that because I have a 1.25" body lift and a 3/4" spacer up front that I could go ahead and stuff the tires under the wheel wells and test drive it around with the stock suspenion on it. This way i could tell if the tires are good to go or not. I would not be doing any wheeling untill the lift goes on next week so there should not be a problem. I drove it around any where from 35 to 65 mph without any problems. I also hit some bumps on purpose to see if i had any rubs and did not have any. I also turn the wheel at full turn and did not have any rubbing issues either. So now when the lift goes on next week and i have any problems it will be a little easier to track down. Here are some prelift pics with tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You didn't correct the problem, you only worked around the real problem.
06flex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #95
Luke4554
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks cool even without the lift.. cant wait to see it with the lift on it.
4.0L | 5spd | 4" SkyJacker | Soft 8's | 33" TRXUS | 30/35 | AA SYE/CV DS | SuperWinch | 4 KC's | Pure Bred Tube Fenders | EMPI Buckets | Novak Linkage| Pure Bred Bumpers | Bestop Tinted Soft Top & Bikini | HiLift | Yellow Top | Herculiner | JKS Discos | Skid Row Steering Skid

[b]Owner of [U]WWAutosports[/U] & [U]Pure Bred Fabrications[/U] Dayton, Oh[/b][/SIZE]
Luke4554 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #96
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Your lift is a short arm kit correct?
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #97
06flex
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver03Rubicon View Post
Your lift is a short arm kit correct?
yes, with all adj. ca and adj. tracbars
Quote:
Unread 05-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #98
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i hate to say it but your going to want 35 or 36's after you get your lift, but it looks great with new tires
2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Unread 05-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #99
06flex
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdude2890 View Post
i hate to say it but your going to want 35 or 36's after you get your lift, but it looks great with new tires
yeah I know I already want 35's but I am going to have to save another year for gears,brakes, steering, 16 or 17" wheels and the longarm upgrade. Not to mention the gas prices right now. But I will be doing bumpers lockers and more armor next.
Quote:
Unread 05-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #100
beryl

my buddy runs these tires on his YJ. they are nice. looks great.
06x-6speed...hard/soft top, BPE's, 2" coils, 1" PA BL, 32 bfg mt's, 15x8 MT alloys, big daddy rocker guards, flowmaster, RE gen II discos, rear bumper and tire carrier, 10" MTX sub with 800watt kenwood amp, mossy oak mats, sony stereo
beryl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #101
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

yeah im in the same boat i can afford tires but i cant afford all the extra stuff that is required to run them safely and properly

Unread 05-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #102
fireguy553
2004 TJ Wrangler 

awesome thread!!! thanks for keeping us updated.

I will quit spending money on my Jeep..... tomorrow.
fireguy553 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #103
06flex
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well Today I am one step closer to installing the lift. Friday can not come quick enough. I just thought that i would share a pretty good deal i think on riddler diff covers. I dont normaly shop at 4 wheel parts but they are running free shipping on the riddler covers as well as the lube lockers. I have never used the lube lockers and have read good things and bad things about them ( kind of like everything you buy). So I ordered them tonight so I guess I will find out first hand. I guess I have a question about the diff fluid I will be changing and adding to it. I am at 15000 miles so while i am doing work on the jeep and bought new diff covers.....and its just time to change the fluids i will be doing it this week. I am probaly going to be using either mobil 1 or royal purple. The question I have is Mobil one says "Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube 75W-140 LS contains special friction modifiers designed for limited slip-type differentials. In most applications, the addition of special LS (limited slip) additives is not required. For axles requiring the highest level of limited-slip performance, OEM specific LS additives can be added to this fluid. " and Royal purple says "All viscosities of Max-Gear are formulated with hypoid friction modifiers necessary for use in clutch or cone type differentials. No additional additives are necessary." So if i use Mobil 1 Do i need to use a friction modifer in the rear diff with my d44 Trac-Lok? As far as the front d30 goes do I just use 80W-90 non synthetic (like Mobilube HD Plus 80W-90)?
Quote:
Unread 05-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #104
06flex
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So I started the lift today around 11:00am and i worked on it till about 9:30pm or so. Everything seem to be going well untill i got to the coil springs and the coil spring compressors. I messed with those things from about 2:00 till 8:00 trying to get them in. I get them in and now i am not sure if the control arms look the way they are suppose to. Here are the pics. the SF joints seem to be turned on some. I have not tightened them down yet or centered the axles yet so that may straighten ever thing out. Here are the pics please let me know if anything looks funny.

Quote:
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #105
creepycrawly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good read. I have a 4.5 SF on the way with a AA SYE and TW shaft. I am still waiting on my wheels but I am worried about how my tires are going to look. I had the 4.5 SF and a 1" BL on a previous jeep and it flexed awesome. It had 35x12.50's on 15x8 wheels and they would rub a little at full stuff. I went with 33x13.50's on 15x10's this time, but I have tube fenders up front now so I know scrubbing wont be a problem. Could you do me a favor? Measure the height of those tires. I have a Nitto Mud grapplers and I have never seen a set of 33's this tall. Love the taillights!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.