Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

'06 wrangler x suspension lift options

7K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Disconnect 
#1 ·
I have bought my first jeep this past year and have been customizing it since the day I bought it. I want to put a suspension lift on it and have been looking at kits but am unsure how big to go. I want to go as big as it will let me without getting into brakelines and etc. I just want to replace coil springs and shocks, and other suspension needs. I have heard 3.5" is the largest, but I have also heard 4". Can someone please share their personal experience of putting on either size of lift and what was involved. Thanks. and sorry if this has been brought up previously, which im sure it has.

#2 ·
Under four inches... A billion options to choose from. If you want it for looks go cheap, if you're going to beat it to hell go expensive. If you're somewhere in between and want a nice ride for daily driving you'll be looking into spending anywhere from 600 to 1000 depending if you want to use brackets for trackbars or new adjustable, control arms optional but At 4 inches I'd get adjustable etc etc... its all in the handbook (read the newbie thread in my sig)

#5 ·
Zone 4.25" combo(3"SL/1.25"BL/1"MML) lift with 3/4" spacers up front and 35's.It rides very good.

#8 ·
D35 on this Jeep.I'm just going to upgrade the shafts to chromoly ones soon.They're 30% stronger.I ran 35's on a d35 for a couple years on my 98' with no problems.The BFG KM2's run around 34" for 35's.:)

#9 ·
Nope,they will sit the same way.I always add 3/4" spacers up front to level it out some and 1" spacers if I have a winch.

#18 ·
Mine is a 2.5" rancho (came out closer to 3") with rs900xl and 33s. I just realized that I don't have any pics I can get to, so I'll have to post them later.

DD, super nice ride (courtesy myride adjuster and BD 1" MML). Had to upgrade the brakes a little (black magic+centric from mrblaine, no need for the vanco kit)

Update: snapped a quick pic while getting gas earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.