06 TJ Overdrive Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 06 TJ Overdrive Issue

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESave big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
TJGagnon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

06 TJ Overdrive Issue

Hi gang,

So, when I drive my wrangler, specifically on the highway and it shifts into overdrive there is a strange vibration. It is worse when the car is under load going up hill or with multiple people in the car. It seems to happen right when it shifts into overdrive at 55mph turning around 2300 RPMs. Especially going uphill is when this happens. I changed the tranny fluid out at 65k and I have 72k on it now. Could it be the rear tranny mount? I have 1 year and 8k miles left on my CPO warranty, but when you bring it in it is a minimum $150 to have them check it out. Hoping to have the problem diagnosed so I can check to see if that is something covered under the warranty.

Thanks,
Tyler

TJGagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGagnon View Post
Hi gang,

So, when I drive my wrangler, specifically on the highway and it shifts into overdrive there is a strange vibration. It is worse when the car is under load going up hill or with multiple people in the car. It seems to happen right when it shifts into overdrive at 55mph turning around 2300 RPMs. Especially going uphill is when this happens. I changed the tranny fluid out at 65k and I have 72k on it now. Could it be the rear tranny mount? I have 1 year and 8k miles left on my CPO warranty, but when you bring it in it is a minimum $150 to have them check it out. Hoping to have the problem diagnosed so I can check to see if that is something covered under the warranty.

Thanks,
Tyler
It's the normal super high 42RLE OD.I simply pushed the OD button to cut it off completely unless driving over 70mph.
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
rubicon17
2005 TJ Wrangler 

what rpms are safe to run it at for a long distance? ive been avoiding the freeway as it completly blows, works great with od off until 55 but it seems you need of after 55 or the rpms are high. hell even getting on the freeway its strung out at 3k and wont shift into od until i let off the gas and loose 5mph in the process. i have 33s and stock gearing.
rubicon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Unlimited04
Read tech links in my sig

2004 LJ Wrangler 

it's the characteristic 42RLE drone...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/al...s-here-990762/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.