06 TJ Front seat tilt lever/cable question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 06 TJ Front seat tilt lever/cable question

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 06-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Not2wd
2006 LJ Wrangler 

06 TJ Front seat tilt lever/cable question

I'm still under warranty but any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out why my front passenger seat wont tilt forward to allow a passenger to enter the backseat. The lever on the side of the headrest has the same feedback as the working lever on the driver side. Drivers side works fine and I can see how the cable and latch mechanism SHOULD work but on the pass. side it looks like the cable may have slack or some other reason the latch wont engage. Rookie question but its nice to have everything working. Thanks to everyone for a well put together site and an excellent resource!

Not2wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
TJ_with_Tusks

did the seat used to go forward? Try putting a little force into it, jsut incase something is stuck. I sometimes have to slam the front seat in my 04, but it always works.
33" BFG AT's, OME HD lift, front airbag suspension, teralow 4:1 kit & supershort shaft kit, TW CV shaft, 4.10 gears, JKS body lift, track bars and quicker disconects, Warn 9.5ti, warn front bumper, garvin wilderness rack, and solid cast aluminum tusks,
TJ_with_Tusks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
mrsnicks

The search function is your friend. Did a quick search and came up with:

http://www.4x4xplor.com/seattrack.html

Patrick
mrsnicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Not2wd
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Front seat tilt mystery continues...

Thanks mrsnicks I had not seen that page yet, however the underside of my seat does not look like the one in the pic on that site. Not sure if it matters that mines an '06 or if the Rubi seats are different?? Not likely but my seat has a manual slide under the front, a manual tilt lever on the side close to the floor then a trigger-type lever on the side of the headrest that should control the forward tilt for rear entry. Both lower levers work fine, its just the upper lever that wont engage. The movement on the drivers side(the one that is working properly) is so subtle that its hard to tell exactly how the cable engages the latch. I long for the days of the old style manual tilt on my trusty CJ7
Not2wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.