05 TJ Lift Suggestions - 2" lift and 33" tires - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 05 TJ Lift Suggestions - 2" lift and 33" tires

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:50 AM   #46
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodric View Post
My rear tires rubbed a bit on the tab that is on the front side of the rear fender well. Those seem to have gotten bent enough that Is not a problem, I also stuffed the rear well pretty well.

The front tire rubbed once or twice on the rear of my front metal cloaks. See pictures below.

Your going to want to lift it, not only to stop it from rubbing but to give yourself a little more up travel and down travel. Some people may tell you to just bump stop it till it doesn't rub, but stock TJ suspension doesn't have enough up travel to start with, adding more bump stop will just lessen that.

If you lift it 2" you should be pretty safe, you won't need a double cardan drive shaft.

BDS has nice 2" springs
AEV has nice 3" springs

As far as shocks I like the bilstien 5100's

You will need to add bumpstop with lift.

Another option is to leave the suspension alone and do a body lift, that won't increase your travel but will give your tires the room they need.

A 1.25" body lift would also help if you wanted to do a tummy tuck and lift the gas tank up.

I'm just not sure if a 1.25" body lift alone would be enough, but it would help.

1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke

Last edited by emev0l; 07-29-2010 at 11:07 AM..
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , lift , suspension , budget boost , bb , 33" , tire

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.