05 LJ 4.0 Rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 05 LJ 4.0 Rebuild

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doorsJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 01-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
ttujud

05 LJ 4.0 Rebuild

I'm rebuilding my 05 LJ 4.0. I pulled everything including the tranny, transfer case. My main concern was rebuilding the engine. I have replaced cam, crank with new rod and mains, lifters, OPDA, h2o pump, and all gaskets. The only thing I did to the tranny was change the filter. The engine and everything is back in and is running.

I'm having a tranny problems, I think. Keep in mind I haven't missed the it and the transfer case. The other day I took it for a test and it seemed like it is stuck in a gear. I have the 42RLE auto trans. Little to no power at take off and once it hit 2200 RPMs and 25 MPH it starts to cut out RPMs start going crazy. It's like it won't shift.

Codes:
P0315
P0016
P0300
P0700
P0339

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

ttujud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me

Check to make sure you got all the cables back on and they are seated. I fought a code giving piece of SSSS, just to find out that the harness connector had a piece of rubber glove in it. I use latex gloves when working on stuff so I can save my hands the oil and crud clean up.
Some times those cables can get pinched between the bell housing and the motor.. Did that too. But its something you did and I feel can be fixed easy.
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just curious, how many miles did you have on the '05 before you rebuilt. I eventually want to do mine but have considered a 5.3 swap because its almost the same money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
ttujud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver
Just curious, how many miles did you have on the '05 before you rebuilt. I eventually want to do mine but have considered a 5.3 swap because its almost the same money.
I have around 75,000 on it. The OPDA was going out and I wanted to pull the cam to check it. I got in inside and found out that the person who had it before me some how got it over heated. The crank and bearings were a little messed up. So I just rebuilt the whole thing.
ttujud is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.