04 tj not a clue what the problem is - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 04 tj not a clue what the problem is

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Jordaaan905
2004 TJ Wrangler 

04 tj not a clue what the problem is

I have an 04 tj Sahara no wheel/gear/lift upgrades yet it has 104000 kms on it had an oil change within the last month 100000km servicing has not been done the jeep is 5 speed manual the problem is generally after I shift or even start in first it vibrates quite a bit basically feels like I am in to high of a gear 2 U joints were replaced last fall and I have no clue what it could be even when revving it vibrates quite a bit more than usual any ideas as to what it could be

Jordaaan905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If the vibration is while you are letting the clutch pedal out, then it sounds like you're experiencing clutch chatter. If the vibration is moreso after the clutch pedal is released, then I'd lean toward worn out engine and transmission mounts.
mukluk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.