04 Rubicon sub woofer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 04 Rubicon sub woofer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
ausra35
2004 TJ Wrangler 

04 Rubicon sub woofer

hey yall...i hear its really difficult to find a sub woofer to replace the one in the center console. i will put the new one in the original place...no boxes or amps.
and jeep dealership is outrageously priced.
ive just put in new kickers and a kenwood stereo, and want a great subwoofer, too.
i wanna listen LOUD even on interstate driving!!!!!!

THANKS

ausra35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
ausra35
2004 TJ Wrangler 

oh i was just wanting recommendations on brands and such and where to get one.
ausra35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
lizardking31
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Replaced mine with a marine certified Polk Audio 6.5" slim mount coaxial (sold in pairs). Cost like $90-100. Ordered from Crutchfield.
If I had the money, I would buy a Tuffy sub/center console and an amp.
Pretty easy install. Don't need to do any major rewiring.
Make sure you have a torx set.

Here's a link to a thread that discusses how to change the sub.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/h...woofer-579589/
Unread 08-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The link below is from another recent thread on the same subject. From what research I have done, it seems to be the only "direct replacement" that requires no modifications.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14133_1001.htm
Unread 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
bustedknuckle
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I built a custom box based off plans on here. The box fits under the center console. I think the member was Adam something.

I the put an 8" polk audio marine sub in it. Sounds great.
bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You can get a pyramid brand 6.5 subwoofer that fits. You just have to dremel or notch out the back of the subwoofer box to accept the new deeper subwoofer. They go from 10.00 to 20.00 on Ebay. People have also used a low profile Kicker 6.5, but with the stock amp that Kicker is being wasted IMHO.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Just do what I did, rattles the whole jeep.

Unread 09-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Mango Picker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

new exact fit subwoofer speaker from quadratec

I just installed a new subwoofer speaker from quadratec last weekend. it's a perfect match and fit, in the space as well as wiring.

quadratec has an exclusive on the speaker.

part number 14133.1001 \

it's worth it. swaping the speaker out of the subwoofer unit took about 5 minutes...

it's made of much better weather resistant and long lasting material.

don't mess with buying a new speaker unit from the dealer or another supplier. 2 reasons:

1) the electrical connector of the new subwoofer unit may be different. My Sahara connector has a connector with about 16 or 18 pins in it. I paid a high price for an OEM Jeep subwoofer box unit ( a week before quadratec came out with the new speaker) and the plug on it did NOT match my Jeep wiring!!!! It only had about 8 pins in the connector.

2) old OEM parts are going to be OLD and the same lousy material as the original speaker. i doubt any new old stock replacement from jeep will last long.

my old speaker was SHOT. it was separated all the way around to the speaker mount. no wonder it sounded like "crud".

by the way, to take out your center console you will only need a 13mm socket and a either a T30 torx.I don't recall which. the 13mm socket works on the front cup holder bolt.

my new speaker sounds great. and the wife can't beef about the old busted one anymore.
CB, Smittybilt Titanium tubular bumpers
Mango Picker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.