'03 TJ Build - Project Raskull - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '03 TJ Build - Project Raskull

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #76
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Dude!! Totally Awesome build !! You Got Skills!!

Keep It Up !! Love the pics of Grande Prairie!! Love it up There !!!

prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #77
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the comments!

Quick little write-up on the bumper is up on the site.

http://myjeeptj.com/2008/09/20/custom-front-bumper

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #78
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here are a few pictures of it mounted.

Don't mind the ****ty broken winch or the cables hanging.

I'll be painting it really soon, maybe put the first coats on tomorrow.

http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 10-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #79
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

great thread-great jeep!i really didn't have the time to look at all the pics in your links or all of the posts but painting the slider black wasn't an option i guess?anyway just my .

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #80
Gunkel
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome jeep!! Raskull you have done a tremendous job, keep the pictures coming!! Someday I need to go to Alberta, man that scenery is amazing!

Greg
Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #81
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
great thread-great jeep!i really didn't have the time to look at all the pics in your links or all of the posts but painting the slider black wasn't an option i guess?anyway just my .
Yeah it was, I just wanted to be different. The color didn't turn out how I wanted and I will likely re-do it. Probably not black, maybe a darker silver.

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkel View Post
Awesome jeep!! Raskull you have done a tremendous job, keep the pictures coming!! Someday I need to go to Alberta, man that scenery is amazing!

Greg
Any time. Seriously.. If you want to make a trip up just send me a PM and I can arrange a run with the club around it. We can show you some great trails.

I know this isn't something to plan right now, I'm just making sure you know the offer is there. I'm always up for meeting fellow wheelers!

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 10-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #82
Gunkel
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Raskull, thanks for the invite, someday I will take you up on the offer. Likewise if you ever have the desire to enjoy the sweltering heat, look me up!!

Greg
Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #83
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I purchased some used 33" BFG mud terrains last week. Unfortunately I only have one shot of the jeep now, but I will get some more soon.

One of my rims separated from the old tires, and given a fresh polish.

A shot of the tires mounted, and the last one getting aired up

Completed shot - You can see the front bumper painted with some d-shackles installed as well

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 12-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #84
CanadianTJguy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice jeep. looks like some really amazing trails out there.

any new updates?
CanadianTJguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #85
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Raskull, I need your help. I currently purchased a 2006 TJ and got out of my old TJ...
This new one has 33x12.5's on a teraflex 2" lift. However, your 1.75 daystar lift looks much taller then mine.
IF you have time would it be possible to take some measurements of your setup for me? Preferably in the same spots I measured mine at?
Here is the link It goes to my cardomain. When you see the 4 pics of measurement you can click on them to make them bigger.
I was hoping to compare your measurements to mine. And oddly enough it seems my "33 inch" tires really aren't 33" tall. Pro Comp states they should be 32.5" However, mine seem to only measure 31.8" from top to bottom and 32" from left to right.
I'm assuming this is due to them being under load (weight of Jeep), being somewhat used for 7k miles and lost some tread, and for being under 25psi. So this may also be why yours looks taller.

Anywho, thanks again if you are able to get measurements in the exact spots I took measurements of mine. If not, that's ok. I know your time is valuable.
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #86
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Mine is 31 3/8" to the front flare, and 26" to the back corner.

The tires I have on are at about 60-70% tread life and measure almost exactly the same as yours while mounted.. they are always smaller than the sidewall says while mounted, nothing to worry about.

I am running stock springs in the rear with 100,000 KM on the jeep, and XJ springs in the front with an additional 5/8" stock spacer/isolator stacked in there. Essentially, my front is about 1 1/4" taller than stock front springs, plus the 1.75" daystar lift.

Sorry for the long wait on the reply, have been a little out of the loop lately.. Lack of funds to wheel the last 6 months or so has gotten to me, but I'm goin out this weekend so I'm pumped!

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 02-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #87
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks again Raskull!
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #88
jeff83
2005 TJ Wrangler 

nice jeep now you just need a new winch
1999 XJ Classic (daily driver)
1997 TJ Sport (building)
jeff83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #89
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I work a metal fab shop. We build semi truck trailers, and install large ramsey PTO and hydrailic winches for customers that need a winch on their trailer or truck.

As such, we are a ramsey dealer and I picked up a 9500UT for a good price and installed it last weekend.

I haven't got a chance to take out the jeep and use it, but I am very happy with the quality and features of the winch.

- It comes with a wireless remote. You install a small module and antenna under the hood, and run a plug out your grill and attach it to the back of the winch so it's ready to plug in like a normal remote when you need it. You don't want to leave it plugged in all the time in case someone grabs your remote thingy and starts pressing buttons asking (WHATS THIS DO?!). No, this hasn't happened to me, but I thought it could.

- It has an automatic clutch. This means it will engage the clutch when you start winching. This allows you to release the clutch, walk to the tree and hook up, and then start winching without having to walk back to engage the clutch. This is especially useful if you have a winch *****.

Anyway.. here are a few pictures. I also made a small bracket to attach to the bolts of the fairlead that I can mount my old KC lights.

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 09-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #90
Barrows
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Any new progress?
Barrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.