'03 TJ Build - Project Raskull - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '03 TJ Build - Project Raskull

Halloween Savings to die for!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #46
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamzjeep View Post
Hey Raskall! Where abouts in Edmonton are ya?
Right close to St, Albert trail and 118th ave. You should come out to a wings night on tuesdays! 6pm at Bo Diddly's on 118th ave and 140some st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esad_b View Post
1280x1024 doesnt work and thats the one i need

Says "404 Not Found"

Any chance of getting that one up?
Ahah! Thanks for pointing that one out. Fixed!

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #47
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I replaced my passenger's side hub (unit bearing) on the D30. My jeep was making some pretty bad scraping noises going down the road, and I figured it sounded like a bearing.

I put the jeep up on jack stands so all four tires were off the ground, then started it up and put it in 4wd 1st gear. I let it run so I could listen and find the noise, lo-and-behold.. the drivers side was turning and the passenger tire was not. My front axle is open, so I figured there's gotta be some sort of resistance there, and I tore into it.

Once I got the unit bearing out, it was real clear that it was the culrpit. It was real rough sounding.

I replaced it with a used one (which is in pretty good shape) from when my brother did a swap of his.. It will hold up for a while until I can get new ones to swap in.

http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #48
imbezol
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Now that your Jeep is part '04 you'll probably notice a slight horsepower increase.
imbezol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #49
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbezol View Post
Now that your Jeep is part '04 you'll probably notice a slight horsepower increase.
And a slight "not-as-cool-as-my-jeep" increase!

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #50
TJamz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskull View Post
Right close to St, Albert trail and 118th ave. You should come out to a wings night on tuesdays! 6pm at Bo Diddly's on 118th ave and 140some st.

Ahah! Thanks for pointing that one out. Fixed!
Mmmm. Wings. Who shows up?
TJamz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #51
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anywhere between 10-30 people each week.

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #52
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Went out wheeling with the EJC club this weekend for Canada Day.

We went to the Alberta Safari Park near Edmonton.. we had a blast, and the mud was as thick as ever!

After some hotdogs we went out a second time to Bill's Gate. Crazy little off camber and wash out area. My tire pressure was too low (I lost some somewhere on the trail), and I blew a bead a little bit after these two pictures.. getting pulled out I got my passenger side fender pushed in.

Booboo fender. No big deal I guess.. I had planned on putting on flat fenders anyway.

The full trip report is here, and the gallery is here (including some pretty cool videos).

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #53
Twitchy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent videos, well done Davin!
RCD 6" Long Arm, Procomp Xterrain 35x12.5, DC-1 Black 16x10, Champion 10,000lbs winch, PIAA lighting, H4 Headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Viking Soft Top, Tuffy Consoles, Boston Acoustic audio, Hurst short throw, Trailjammer system, Air Raid CAI
my armor thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/360-degrees-gen-right-tj-armor-594083/
Twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2008, 03:31 AM   #54
TyJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Gah! So muddy! I couldn't handle it, I hate mud.
TyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #55
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyJeep View Post
Gah! So muddy! I couldn't handle it, I hate mud.
It's so fun to wheel in, but sucks afterwards when you realize the $40 tab to wash it.

Oh well, it's worth it. Not my favorite terrain, but there is too much of it out here to ignore. I prefer technical stuff like hill climbs, wash outs, off camber stuff... etc

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 07-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #56
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ok here's a little tech for you guys. I "fixed" my front fender today.. I used a hi-lift with a block of wood to lift it up a little above level and let it sit like that for 15 seconds or so to fatigue the metal back to level.

I let off the jack and it looks almost perfectly level now.

Technique:

Before:

After:

-------------

I also put some XJ coils in the front which gained be about 5/8" to 11/16" height.

-------------

One more thing: When I was putting the XJ coils in the front I noticed my passenger front tire was leaning a little.. I grabbed it (it was already off the ground) and was able to move it up and down by hand quite easily. I took of my tire, caliper, axle nut, and got down to the unit bearing. I pulled that out and the bearing literally fell apart in my hands. The outer seal, ring, and inner ring fell out exposing dry roller bearings... I replaced that with a new one and it's all better!

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 07-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #57
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got my rockers done yesterday! The total cost with material, paint and hardware (not including my labour of course) was about $170 or so.

They are 3/16" formed plate with 1.5" 120 wall DOM tubing for the tube steps. I kept the steps as close to the body as possible so I wouldn't always get the back of my leg dirty when getting out of the jeep.

The inside of the steps are just a tad less than 1" away from the rockers. The tubes are angled upwards 20 degrees. I painted them what I like to call "nth degree grey" to be different.

Here are a few select pictures, check out the full gallery of them here: http://myjeeptj.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=11567

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #58
Twitchy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice work as always buddy. They look very sweet.
RCD 6" Long Arm, Procomp Xterrain 35x12.5, DC-1 Black 16x10, Champion 10,000lbs winch, PIAA lighting, H4 Headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Viking Soft Top, Tuffy Consoles, Boston Acoustic audio, Hurst short throw, Trailjammer system, Air Raid CAI
my armor thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594083
Twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #59
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

nice work, those sliders look awesome...
2001 TJ Sport w/ D44, 2.5" Susp. lift,1" BL w/ MML, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, S/B SRC Rear Bumper, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, JKS Disconnects, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, OBA System, Optima Blue Top, Hella Lighting. More on the way... ;}
JEEP= Just+Empty+Every+Pocket.....
EAT-SLEEP-JEEP OlllllllO TJ-XTREME
TJ-xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #60
Rico4x4
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Can I ask how the ez-locker ended up workin for you? Is it as good as a regular locker< or atleast does it serve its function? I was looking at one for myself.
Rico4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.