'03 TJ Build - Project Raskull - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '03 TJ Build - Project Raskull

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #16
captndiltz
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice lookin rig! its amazing what a BB and some 31's can do, right!?!

Blue Jeep Club Member #264
MY BUILD THREAD http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2002-tj-se-build-up-551860/
"...i'd take her home from the bar...but i wouldn't take her to the beach..."
SBLG Firefighter "Brotherhood"
captndiltz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #17
Squeeky
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How much did that top cost anyway...I think I might buy one when they start building them again

My auto racing team (neat website lots of pictures)

Stu-offroad, A wealth of information on TJ's!

4x4xplor

Motor Oil Myths and Facts (Not sponsored by Amsoil)
Squeeky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #18
imbezol
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm glad you finally started a build thread bro. Can't wait to see you add those rockers to your Jeep.
imbezol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky View Post
How much did that top cost anyway...I think I might buy one when they start building them again
$695 US plus shipping.. ended up costing me about $800 CDN to get it here with the bestop no-drill header. That doesn't include the $140 or so I spend on door surrounds.

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #20
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbezol View Post
I'm glad you finally started a build thread bro. Can't wait to see you add those rockers to your Jeep.
I can't wait either! :P

http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #21
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A quick update: As it turns out; it's not my winch controller.

I took the controller apart and it looked dry and brand new inside. No rust or corrosion at all. I hooked up my controller while it was apart, and it clicks and gets a signal to the winch just fine. The motor on the winch is dead or something electrical inside.

I called the guy I bought the winch from last year, and he is a helpful guy. He is looking for his receipt for it, and is willing to make a trip to Costco with me to return it. Even if he's unable to find the receipt, they can look it up on his account. I'll then put another $50 or so towards a Champion 9500, or maybe take my money and get a Warn.. depending on funds.

Damn you champion! It's likely due to the fact that it's been buried in water and mud too many times to count.

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #22
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskull View Post
My good friend Kyle used to work at a powder coating shop in town. Him and I both removed our door and windshield hinges, sanded them up and powder coated them. The result was a rust-less hinge, it's very durable, and looks great. This is honestly one of my favourite mods.. I really like the look and they are holding up extremely well to the severe beatings I give them off road. Especially the ones on the windshield which get beat up by trees in tight trails almost every trip.
What if I skip the green tape in the hinges powdercoating process ? Will the doors not align anymore? I want to do this soon because it looks like **** right now my hinges are rusted everywhere.
Unread 06-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #23
Asored2000
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When I got my little lift, 31 MT’s and front sway bar disconnect I was amazed in the difference of performance on the trails. You’re really enjoying your Jeep too and getting great use out of it. Your pics are awesome (especially last page’s hill descent), and the Jeep looks great. Well Done!
Unread 06-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #24
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baotchi View Post
What if I skip the green tape in the hinges powdercoating process ? Will the doors not align anymore? I want to do this soon because it looks like **** right now my hinges are rusted everywhere.
I'm sure it would be fine.. the powder coat is not thick enough to effect the fit of the hinges. Any powdercoating shop should have a way to mask it off though, green fancy tape or otherwise.

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #25
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a Detroit EZ-locker in the rear of my jeep, it does donuts crazy easy on gravel now.

Can't wait to test it out on the trail.. pics soon.

The install took about 2 1/2 hours.. but I'm pretty sure I could do it in 1 1/2 or less.

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #26
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a couple pictures of the locker install.. nothing much to look at really.

The rest of the images from the install are here.

Edit: Keep an eye on the site in the next couple days as I'll be doing an install write-up on it!

Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #27
Twitchy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nicely done my friend, we are lucky to have easy access to goat trails and cut lines in Alberta.
RCD 6" Long Arm, Procomp Xterrain 35x12.5, DC-1 Black 16x10, Champion 10,000lbs winch, PIAA lighting, H4 Headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Viking Soft Top, Tuffy Consoles, Boston Acoustic audio, Hurst short throw, Trailjammer system, Air Raid CAI
my armor thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/360-degrees-gen-right-tj-armor-594083/
Twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #28
Kpat
2000 XJ Cherokee 

nice build so far!

May i ask where you got the door surrounds for the soft top?
We are talking about the big plastic pieces that surround the door that the windows attach to right?
The same ones Jeep quoted me 300$ to replace... per side lol!

Kpat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #29
TyJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep! Like everyone else I love that last trail pic. If i can suggest one thing it would be an in cab remote system for the winch. IF the remote is bad or the connections are dirty and we then i'ld look into it. I didn't think it would be a big deal but put one in just cause all my friends said how great they were. I love it! And it was really easy to do also. I got a winch install kit from the 12volt guy and put in new rocker switches in the OEM location. Its an easy upgrade and is water proof with a little silicone.
12voltguy:
http://12voltguy.com/web/index.php?o...id=6&Itemid=43

Rocker switches:
https://www.otrattw.com/index.htm

Edit: just saw that the winch is bad and not the remote. Thats what i get for not reading the whole post before posting. It's still a good easy mod.
TyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #30
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
Nicely done my friend, we are lucky to have easy access to goat trails and cut lines in Alberta.
Absolutely man! The sheer amount of trails out by Rocky Mountain House is just...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpat View Post
May i ask where you got the door surrounds for the soft top?
We are talking about the big plastic pieces that surround the door that the windows attach to right?
The same ones Jeep quoted me 300$ to replace... per side lol!
Yep those are the ones. I got them from a local shop called Take it Offroad. It's run by a guy in our club. They were $140 or so when I got them, but I guess they can no longer get them from bestop, and they have gone up in price to about $300. They are 100% IDENTICAL to the stock ones.. so one company is making them for the other..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyJeep View Post
Nice jeep! Like everyone else I love that last trail pic. If i can suggest one thing it would be an in cab remote system for the winch. IF the remote is bad or the connections are dirty and we then i'ld look into it. I didn't think it would be a big deal but put one in just cause all my friends said how great they were. I love it! And it was really easy to do also. I got a winch install kit from the 12volt guy and put in new rocker switches in the OEM location. Its an easy upgrade and is water proof with a little silicone.
12voltguy:
http://12voltguy.com/web/index.php?o...id=6&Itemid=43

Rocker switches:
https://www.otrattw.com/index.htm

Edit: just saw that the winch is bad and not the remote. Thats what i get for not reading the whole post before posting. It's still a good easy mod.
Yea that is one mod I have on "the list" for sure. I bought the kit made for the Warn 9.5ti for by brother's winch for x-mas. He absolutely loves it, so I need one now too.

Custom rockers build
My build thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.