03 Rubicon lift questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 03 Rubicon lift questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Cbill1011
2003 TJ Wrangler 

03 Rubicon lift questions

So after having my jeep for over two years, I finally decided its time to get a lift and bigger tires here over winter break. I plan on running roughly 33's and keep my stock rubi rims. I've been looking around on JF to get some answers but can't seem to find anything pertaining to my particular situation with a rubicon. I've been looking at the RC 3.25 inch lift and need to have some clarification on what else I would need to modify so everything runs smoothly. I live in austin and go to UT, so wheeling is not going to be a common practice, along with budget restraints. So what all am I looking at needing to do with this lift, or perhaps an similar 3 inch lifts as well. It's just going to be a daily driver for now, with the lift being to beef it up and make it look better.

Thanks in advance!

My Jeep Build
Cbill1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check out the Zone 4.25" lift.It rides much better.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #3
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

if its for looks, save yourself the headaches and get a budget boost. add a 1.25" bl if you want it a bit higher
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Savvy 3" and some wheel spacers or 33's are available in a 10.5" width.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbill1011 View Post
I plan on running roughly 33's
Don't get roughly 33's, you will be happier with smoothly tires.

But I agree that for your situation, a 2" budget boost would be just fine. The body lift would allow better articulation, but you could do without it until you start wheeling it.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
glwood6
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I put a Zone Offroad 2" BB with shocks. I really like it with my 31" tires. If I go up to 33s, I will do a MM & 1.25" body lift.

Below is a 2006 Rubi I previously had with a 2" BB & 32" tires:

[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 12-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbill1011 View Post
So after having my jeep for over two years, I finally decided its time to get a lift and bigger tires here over winter break. I plan on running roughly 33's and keep my stock rubi rims. I've been looking around on JF to get some answers but can't seem to find anything pertaining to my particular situation with a rubicon. I've been looking at the RC 3.25 inch lift and need to have some clarification on what else I would need to modify so everything runs smoothly. I live in austin and go to UT, so wheeling is not going to be a common practice, along with budget restraints. So what all am I looking at needing to do with this lift, or perhaps an similar 3 inch lifts as well. It's just going to be a daily driver for now, with the lift being to beef it up and make it look better.

Thanks in advance!
Depending on budget you have a lot of options. Since you're not going off road you don't need a Coil Spring lift. If you're staying on the road 100% of the time, you can probably get away without new shocks. These Spring Spacer should work for you. If you'd rather have a kit with shocks, this 2 Inch Rough Country one would work.

If you combine those with the Rough Country 1.25 Inch Body Lift and you're lifted enough for 33's on the cheap.

A suspension lift is a better option if you want some added functionality for off road, but they'll run you more money.

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.