03-04 Compass / Temp rear mirror Questions Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 03-04 Compass / Temp rear mirror Questions Help!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 12-29-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
Tmsnake1

03-04 Compass / Temp rear mirror Questions Help!

I just installed an original Wrangler Temp / Compass Mirror on my 04 Wrangler. The install is Simple and took less than 5min. I have two problems that maybe someone can help me with.

My mirror will not display the temp correctly. It only reads 0C degrees. I can not get it to switch over to Fahrenheit or display anything besides 0C. The compass works perfectly as well as the lights on the mirror. Anyhelp at all would be great. Thanks!

Tmsnake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 01:37 PM   #2
JeepinBlue24

Is the thermomter wire run for it? I believe the thermometer is in front of the radiator, if I am not mixing my cars up here.
36 or 38 IROKs

..and keeping the 4banger until she dies!
JeepinBlue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
Tmsnake1

There is a Wire harness that the mirror plugs in to. All wranglers have this harness reguardless if they have this mirror. I guess incase they decide to install it later. Anyway, my point is there is only one harness that the mirror can be pluged in to. I dont think I have to run anymore more Wires.
Unread 12-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #4
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmsnake1
There is a Wire harness that the mirror plugs in to. All wranglers have this harness reguardless if they have this mirror. I guess incase they decide to install it later. Anyway, my point is there is only one harness that the mirror can be pluged in to. I dont think I have to run anymore more Wires.
it is a standard wiring harness but I doubt they put the thermometer probe in just like they didn't put a mirror in, ask your local dealer and they will probably sell you a probe for a few bucks and should have a diagram of where it is located for you in the computer, just ask and they will normally show you on the computer parts screen, AL
Unread 12-29-2003, 05:43 PM   #5
kgordon7378

on my 03 which is equiped with the temp/direction mirror from factory, you have three lights on the mirror, the outer ones turn on the lights for each side. The center one, if you push it changes the degree measurements, (from C to F, and back) and if you hold the button for five seconds it disables the auto dimming feature, which then turns off the green light on the mirror. HTH. Keith
kgordon7378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 05:51 PM   #6
DouginTN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Did you get the mirror from the dealer, or online?
DouginTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouginTN
Did you get the mirror from the dealer, or online?
btt

I too would like to know where to get this magic mirror.

ken
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 12:45 AM   #8
Tmsnake1

I figured it out!! 1st off, i got the mirror through an online dealer. Its aprox. $200 and comes with everything you need.

The problem is, is that I forgot to install the T-stat. It was in the box but I never saw it. Very small. About the size of a pinky. Its easly installs behind the girll. THe harness is already installed so all i did was plug it in and bolt i down. Took 30sec. Now Everything is working 100%

Thanks for the help!!
Unread 12-30-2003, 04:45 AM   #9
stonethrowertj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmsnake1
I figured it out!! 1st off, i got the mirror through an online dealer. Its aprox. $200 and comes with everything you need.
Maybe he got it here?

$239 from jeepsareus
stonethrowertj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.