02 TJ Upper Seat Cover Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 02 TJ Upper Seat Cover Replacement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 09-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
sapperd06
2002 TJ Wrangler 

02 TJ Upper Seat Cover Replacement

I am having a lot of trouble finding a replacement upper seat cover for my 02 TL. It is trashed, but the bottom is fine. The color is a "furry" tan cloth on the very bottom, tan vinyl on the sides, and a hatch-toothed tan and red vinyl pattern on the in the center upper and lower parts. I am wondering if anyone has one or if the passenger side seat upper cover will fit. I found a whole passenger seat with the correct color, and want to either swap the whole seat back or take off the upper seat covers and change them out.
I don't want to replace the seats, because I plan on installing seat heaters (butt warmers) for the cold buffalo NY winter.
Thank you in advance for any help.
DWP

sapperd06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
kyle1517
2001 TJ Wrangler 

just buy bucket seats.
kyle1517 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
sapperd06
2002 TJ Wrangler 

As I stated before I dont want to buy new aftermarket seats. If there is a drivers side oem seat in the same color, I have no problem spending the ridiculous proce need for them., but no aftermarket seats.
Besides, I talked to 2 different aftermarket seat manufactures, and they highly discourage seat heaters with their product. Which tells me that have an inferior product.
DWP
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #4
sapperd06
2002 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
Virjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have you tried an auto upholstry shop? I had one match and repair my 06' Dodge. They had books with all the manufacturers colors and patterns. Cost me about $50.
Virjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I went to an upholstery shop to get the bottoms redone on my TJ and they wanted something like $300.

No thanks. I'll shop around... lol
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
sapperd06
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I went to 2 upholstery shops. The 1st quoted me 150.00 the second wanted 225.00 This is to just replace one 4" x 24" side panel of vinyl. Each told me that it would be less than 20.00 in materials. Thats with me taking off the cover and bringing it to them.

Tags
seat cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.