02 Sahara Build, Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 02 Sahara Build, Advice

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

View Poll Results: What should be my next mod?
Audio Improvement 0 0%
Lift 5 71.43%
Rocker Panels 2 28.57%
Lighting Upgrades(Fog/Driving, Signal Markers) 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 09-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

02 Sahara Build, Advice

On a college budget (Alcohol, books, and parking tickets taken into account) I have come across some funds to put towards some minor mods. Now I just got an AMAZING deal on JK Rubicon Wheels and Tires(Almost Brand New), and after the Spidertrax adapters, came out the door with spending around 600.

Now I have the options as listed above:

-My Speakers are lacking, Alpine iDA-X100 is outperforming the factory speakers..

-My 255/75R17s are almost 32" tall, and my 31x10.5 didnt require a lift, but after the adapters are put on I might still need one..

-I removed and sold my factory Polyurethane Sahara rocker panels, but i didnt take the steel panel off that is billet'd(sp?) into the body panels because it would leave holes, so I need some Rocker Panels to clean it up..

-Due to my terrible Michelin LTXs (dont buy), I hydroplaned into a parked Chevy S-10 and lost a fog light, dented a fender flare, and lost a corner signal marker. I have no driving/fog lights, and we all know how terrible the factory Wagners are..

Give me some input I need to do something constructive with this before I spend it on Alcohol, or girls. (Evil syphoning women.)

Unread 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

BB and some Hella driving/fog lights ($50).Get some rubi rockers or ebay/craigslist cheaper rockers.Crappy small stock speakers don't sound that good when upgraded.I added a box behind the rear seat that jams with two 8" woofers and tweeter/midranges.10's were just too much bass for my NIN CD's.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
BillyV65
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'd say go with the 3.25" RC lift and find a good set of used 33's on Craigslist; preferably something with some good tread so you do go sliding into other parked vehicles

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.