You know you drive a CJ when..... - Page 9 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!
 
Truck633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Las Cruces
Posts: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxncj18 View Post
i dont get this??
Lockers destroy your turning radius......and EAT tires on asphalt!!

Truck633 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 07:48 PM
jcal73
Registered User
1979 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Alabama Roll Tide
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofraccroc View Post
...You send your wife a link to a forum thread on "You know you drive a CJ when..." thinking it will amuse her, make sense and explain why you find it perfectly reasonable to buy a Jeep on Ebay and spend the next 5 years replacing every part with parts from other types of vehicles just to get it to the "way you want"

...Your wife practically falls out of the Jeep when you make turns yet you refuse to buy and install a roll bar she can hang onto because it will mess up the aesthetics of your Jeep and because the seatbelt *should* hold her in

...Your wife asks you what the two of you will do together while on vacation and you tell her that you are going to spend the entire time working under your Jeep and don't understand why she can't find something else to do because to you, working on your Jeep IS a vacation

...Your wife wants to buy a new car and you send her pictures of other old Jeeps to buy so you can mix and match parts

...For Christmas, you ask for a new alternator, or Dana 44 axle, or sheet metal to custom cut your own new dashboard, or a shower for your Jeep

...You tell her that you think it would be cool to spend $400+ to convert your Jeep into a huge air compressor tool rather than just go buy a $400 air compressor because with an air compressor conversion in your Jeep you will be able to take off nuts and/or bolts and repair your Jeep when you break down while off-roading

...You talk about repairing your Jeep on the road after off-roading when you DON'T OFF-ROAD (although you will, once you get your Jeep fixed the way you want)

...You see nothing WRONG with buying a Jeep for $1500 and spending $5000+ (or $10,000 or $20,000) to "get it the way you want", then admit that by the time you "get it the way you want", there will probably be more things that you can change to "make it even cooler"

...You tell your wife about the time in the parking lot when your brakes failed and you had to drive around in circles until the car slowed enough on its own that you could get it to stop, then don't understand why her face looks like that

...You have to take HER car everywhere because you don't have a passenger seat in YOUR Jeep

...You'd rather look at harnesses for the DOG to ride in the Jeep than a new seatbelt or rollbar for your WIFE so SHE can ride in the Jeep


All this has happened to this wife in the last four weeks....
Let my wife read this and now I'm in the doghouse!

Jeff

Our Jeep Links

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcal73 is offline  
post #123 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Icemanii
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourownbox42 View Post
You have to wait for the lights to your right and left to turn red before you can make a left hand turn onto a 4 lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck633 View Post
Lockers destroy your turning radius......and EAT tires on asphalt!!
Sorry, I have to agree, don't get that one either. Don't you always wait for the lights on the left and right of you to turn red before turning? And the radius would be tighter going to the right than the left.

Maybe it is something to do with the acceleration of his CJ?

Keep Public Lands Open to all the Public.

GLFWDA Land Use Committee Member
Icemanii is offline  
post #124 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
thebeast64
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 121
when the homeowners association asks you to move it and you say alright, put it in neutral and push it!
thebeast64 is offline  
post #125 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 PM
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac
 
SlikRic's Avatar
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Port, Florida
Posts: 3,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast64 View Post
when the homeowners association asks you to move it and you say alright, put it in neutral and push it!
ROFLMAO, that was good, I spit my mouthful of beer all over my coffee table

United States of America
Born: July 4, 1776
Died: Nov 4, 2008
SUICIDE
SlikRic is offline  
post #126 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 PM
neals80
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Fort Myers
Posts: 601
when everybody says a JEEP why???

Neal Trombley
1980 CJ 7
SW FLORIDA

IF I WANTED A HUMMER I WOULD HAVE CALLED YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!
neals80 is offline  
post #127 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
rodjr
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seattle
Posts: 380
how about when you start ordering new replacement parts in quantities of 2 or more because you probably cant get er fixed with 1.
rodjr is offline  
post #128 of 2612 Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
jksull
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hot Springs
Posts: 416
All of your favorite sites on the computer are labeled

Jeep Stuff
jksull is offline  
post #129 of 2612 Old 12-05-2008, 12:09 AM
bjf498
Registered User
 
bjf498's Avatar
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast64 View Post
when the homeowners association asks you to move it and you say alright, put it in neutral and push it!
Or when they call the police because it hasn't moved in two months.

little do they know the officer they always send owns a cj too so we just talk about cj stuff for an hour

Small, fine shavings are ok, large chunks are bad, huge chunks with part number stamped on them are real bad.
bjf498 is offline  
post #130 of 2612 Old 12-05-2008, 12:25 AM
kyle_bob
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Murphysboro, IL.
Posts: 47
how about...when your drivers side floorboard starts to rust out so you rivet remains of a stop sign on whats left and put carpet over it

-lifes short drive topless...
kyle_bob is offline  
post #131 of 2612 Old 12-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Poboy
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North AL
Posts: 33
When railroad crossings cause you to "white knuckle death grip" the steering wheel before you cross them and you have to look back for anything that fell out/off after you made it across.

Veni, vidi, velcro -- I came, I saw, I stuck around
Poboy is offline  
post #132 of 2612 Old 12-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Rookie130
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grand Island (NY)
Posts: 216
...when it takes a few weeks of stomping the floor of your "new car" to realize that you don't have a clutch pedal you need to push in order to start it.

..when you are married with 3 kids and you park in the driveway because your 2 car garage is filled with a 25 year old CJ and kids toys.

...when you realize that there are a lot of crosswinds when going over a bridge.

...when you stop 15 feet before the intersection so you can still see the stop light.

...when you remove the back seat to add more tool boxes because you didn't feel safe enough with just one.

...when you keep extra gloves, blanket and a winter hat for your wife so she is comfortable going for a ride...in october.

...when you close the door softly so no rust falls off.

...when your jeep is a better investment than your 401K or IRA since it will ALWAYS be worth "about $1,000" no matter what happens to it, or how old it gets.

Jeep owners...please wave back even though I drive a Grand Caravan now!
Rookie130 is offline  
post #133 of 2612 Old 12-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Chinarider
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Pine Barrens, South Jersey
Posts: 52
When you buy a TJ for a road jeep,cause you dont want to put any high speed miles(45+MPH)on your spolled CJ,
Chinarider is offline  
post #134 of 2612 Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
j33pman
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cobleskill, NY
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie130 View Post
...when you stop 15 feet before the intersection so you can still see the stop light.
Absolute truth

Bill H. - 1984 CJ-7
Now with Fiberglass!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j33pman is offline  
post #135 of 2612 Old 12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
j33pman
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cobleskill, NY
Posts: 1,033
... you have to look hard through all of the Jeep catalogs to find CJ parts

Bill H. - 1984 CJ-7
Now with Fiberglass!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j33pman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Drive CJ5 or CJ7? RODDOR Jeep CJ Forum 51 01-28-2013 03:02 AM
Drive shaft redflame6 Jeep CJ Forum 11 03-31-2009 08:15 PM
New Drive Shaft HELP Joe_CJ5 Jeep CJ Forum 2 01-12-2009 10:55 PM
I got to drive!!! bulldogger Jeep CJ Forum 9 09-14-2007 01:14 PM
First drive bigflatblack Jeep CJ Forum 17 06-11-2007 03:07 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome