You know you drive a CJ when..... - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > You know you drive a CJ when.....

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #121
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxncj18 View Post
i dont get this??
Lockers destroy your turning radius......and EAT tires on asphalt!!

Truck633 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #122
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofraccroc View Post
...You send your wife a link to a forum thread on "You know you drive a CJ when..." thinking it will amuse her, make sense and explain why you find it perfectly reasonable to buy a Jeep on Ebay and spend the next 5 years replacing every part with parts from other types of vehicles just to get it to the "way you want"

...Your wife practically falls out of the Jeep when you make turns yet you refuse to buy and install a roll bar she can hang onto because it will mess up the aesthetics of your Jeep and because the seatbelt *should* hold her in

...Your wife asks you what the two of you will do together while on vacation and you tell her that you are going to spend the entire time working under your Jeep and don't understand why she can't find something else to do because to you, working on your Jeep IS a vacation

...Your wife wants to buy a new car and you send her pictures of other old Jeeps to buy so you can mix and match parts

...For Christmas, you ask for a new alternator, or Dana 44 axle, or sheet metal to custom cut your own new dashboard, or a shower for your Jeep

...You tell her that you think it would be cool to spend $400+ to convert your Jeep into a huge air compressor tool rather than just go buy a $400 air compressor because with an air compressor conversion in your Jeep you will be able to take off nuts and/or bolts and repair your Jeep when you break down while off-roading

...You talk about repairing your Jeep on the road after off-roading when you DON'T OFF-ROAD (although you will, once you get your Jeep fixed the way you want)

...You see nothing WRONG with buying a Jeep for $1500 and spending $5000+ (or $10,000 or $20,000) to "get it the way you want", then admit that by the time you "get it the way you want", there will probably be more things that you can change to "make it even cooler"

...You tell your wife about the time in the parking lot when your brakes failed and you had to drive around in circles until the car slowed enough on its own that you could get it to stop, then don't understand why her face looks like that

...You have to take HER car everywhere because you don't have a passenger seat in YOUR Jeep

...You'd rather look at harnesses for the DOG to ride in the Jeep than a new seatbelt or rollbar for your WIFE so SHE can ride in the Jeep

All this has happened to this wife in the last four weeks....
Let my wife read this and now I'm in the doghouse!
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #123
Icemanii
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourownbox42 View Post
You have to wait for the lights to your right and left to turn red before you can make a left hand turn onto a 4 lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck633 View Post
Lockers destroy your turning radius......and EAT tires on asphalt!!
Sorry, I have to agree, don't get that one either. Don't you always wait for the lights on the left and right of you to turn red before turning? And the radius would be tighter going to the right than the left.

Maybe it is something to do with the acceleration of his CJ?

GLFWDA Land Use Committee Member
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #124
thebeast64
1994 YJ Wrangler 

when the homeowners association asks you to move it and you say alright, put it in neutral and push it!
thebeast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #125
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast64 View Post
when the homeowners association asks you to move it and you say alright, put it in neutral and push it!
ROFLMAO, that was good, I spit my mouthful of beer all over my coffee table
SUICIDE
SlikRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #126
neals80
1980 CJ7 

when everybody says a JEEP why???

IF I WANTED A HUMMER I WOULD HAVE CALLED YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!
neals80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #127
rodjr
1980 CJ7 

how about when you start ordering new replacement parts in quantities of 2 or more because you probably cant get er fixed with 1.
rodjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #128
jksull
1985 CJ7 

All of your favorite sites on the computer are labeled

Jeep Stuff
jksull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #129
bjf498
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast64 View Post
Or when they call the police because it hasn't moved in two months.

little do they know the officer they always send owns a cj too so we just talk about cj stuff for an hour
Unread 12-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #130
kyle_bob
1981 CJ7 

how about...when your drivers side floorboard starts to rust out so you rivet remains of a stop sign on whats left and put carpet over it
Unread 12-05-2008, 04:00 AM   #131
Poboy
1983 CJ7 

When railroad crossings cause you to "white knuckle death grip" the steering wheel before you cross them and you have to look back for anything that fell out/off after you made it across.
Unread 12-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #132
Rookie130
1983 CJ7 

...when it takes a few weeks of stomping the floor of your "new car" to realize that you don't have a clutch pedal you need to push in order to start it.

..when you are married with 3 kids and you park in the driveway because your 2 car garage is filled with a 25 year old CJ and kids toys.

...when you realize that there are a lot of crosswinds when going over a bridge.

...when you stop 15 feet before the intersection so you can still see the stop light.

...when you remove the back seat to add more tool boxes because you didn't feel safe enough with just one.

...when you keep extra gloves, blanket and a winter hat for your wife so she is comfortable going for a ride...in october.

...when you close the door softly so no rust falls off.

...when your jeep is a better investment than your 401K or IRA since it will ALWAYS be worth "about $1,000" no matter what happens to it, or how old it gets.
Unread 12-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #133
Chinarider
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When you buy a TJ for a road jeep,cause you dont want to put any high speed miles(45+MPH)on your spolled CJ,
Chinarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #134
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie130 View Post
...when you stop 15 feet before the intersection so you can still see the stop light.
Absolute truth
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #135
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

... you have to look hard through all of the Jeep catalogs to find CJ parts
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.