You know you drive a CJ when.....

374K views 3K replies 859 participants last post by  trailhead2004 
#1 ·
This idea was on the yj one and thought it was funny
You know you drive a CJ when.....
Its in the garage more then on the road

#2,146 ·
#2,149 ·
You run out of gas on the way home from work, because some #$% siphoned you full tank of gas and you didn't know it because the fuel gauge doesn't work and you go off of the odometer.
Happened to me today, my first thought: clogged fuel filter, fuel pump died..... cant be empty cause you just filled it.:mad:

#2,150 ·
spottedfrog said:
You run out of gas on the way home from work, because some #$% siphoned you full tank of gas and you didn't know it because the fuel gauge doesn't work and you go off of the odometer.
Happened to me today, my first thought: clogged fuel filter, fuel pump died..... cant be empty cause you just filled it.:mad:
That sucks!😡😤

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#2,151 ·
spottedfrog said:
Bummer! We get the trucks at work siphoned all the time, but my first reaction is something wrong in the fuel line too. haha CJ mentality

#2,156 ·
It keeps my seats dry in most weather, yet still feels like a open top jeep. And no soft top hardware to rattle around(yeah its still on in the pic this was the first day i had that top on).
Eventually I will do a little fiberglass trimming and adding(to seal the door tops). Then add some side curtains and rear window that can all be quickly rolled up and tucke in the top.

#2,158 ·
Yeah its a work in progress and i wanted something different.

On a side note you know you drive a cj when...
... you shatter your amc 20 coming out of mcdonalds. Yay no wheeling this weekend!!! Now I have all week to decide whether I wanna buy a 9 inch with my electric bill money or swap in my spare amc 20 with severely worn gears, new bearings, and a lincoln locker.

#2,162 ·
IOweSnapon said:
You know you drive a CJ when you go to sleep at night and do nothing but dream about changing 258 valve cover gaskets.
It's funny because its true! I don't know what I'd do without a jeep to work on

or....when you spend more money on it than your girlfriend (and she knows it). <---No doubt this one's been covered. Women love em' till they realize it's your second girlfriend.

#2,164 ·
I'm blessed with a fiance that has good childhood memories of CJs, and wants mine on the road!
I think mine is a combination of the two. She loves the way the jeeps looks and wants to go for rides in it down at the beach....I think she is a bit miffed as to why I have been working on it nonstop and we haven't really done anything "fun" in it yet.

Been a long process...new leafs/shocks/shackles, fixed the wipers, fixed the windshield, new alt, new battery, fixed the lights to pass state inspection and getting ready to fix my rockers and install the HEI and new plugs/wires.

#2,165 ·
Probably mostly to give her the garage space back lol. Riding in the CJ is just a bonus.

#2,168 ·
Well hell, then you got the perfect woman then!! Lucky bastard, lol. Need to find me a Jeep gal like yours.

#2,170 ·
She got a twin sister who is single and is just like she is? :highfive:

....when you are excited about getting the t176 that you have been trying to find for a good price for and it should be delivered within the next day or two. Even tho you know that you still got more money to spend on parts just to get the CJ going, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.