You know you drive a CJ when..... - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > You know you drive a CJ when.....

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #196
sparkey
1983 CJ5 

When you are starting on your 10th shoe box of parts receipts(newbe).

Unread 12-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #197
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

10th... psssssshhhhhhhhssstttttt

I passed that long long long ago...

You know you "work" on a CJ when... It is 15 degrees out, you have a respirator on, your hands aren't working because they are frozen, your garage door is opened so you can get some ventilation, you want to just do a little more work on the Jeep, but... your wife is on the way home, you promised to take her out on a "date", XMAS is in 2 days, you have't wrapped any presents, you need to still shop for presents, you haven't shaved in a week, you need to do that, plus take a shower, and you have 5 minutes left before she arrives... what do you do?

I also had a beer somewhere in there... what happened to that?

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #198
rswiney
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiablejeep View Post
10th... psssssshhhhhhhhssstttttt

I passed that long long long ago...

You know you "work" on a CJ when... It is 15 degrees out, you have a respirator on, your hands aren't working because they are frozen, your garage door is opened so you can get some ventilation, you want to just do a little more work on the Jeep, but... your wife is on the way home, you promised to take her out on a "date", XMAS is in 2 days, you have't wrapped any presents, you need to still shop for presents, you haven't shaved in a week, you need to do that, plus take a shower, and you have 5 minutes left before she arrives... what do you do?

I also had a beer somewhere in there... what happened to that?

cb

Glad I'm not the only one.....just happy it warmed into the 40's here tho!
rswiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:45 PM   #199
rswiney
1982 CJ7 

Here's a good one---you turn out the christmas lights cause you need one more extension cord and drop light to work on the cj.
rswiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #200
Chrisfol82

Just because someone "knows how to drive stick" doesnt mean you would let them drive your jeep.

To drive your jeep they would have to have completed a training program to learn all the quirks of your particular Jeep. As well as the purpose of each switch, each gauge, which gauges work, which ones dont, how to interpret the ones that work but dont quite work right, how to interpret how many miles you have actually traveled based on the odometer reading, how to calculate actual speed based on speedo reading, (if speedo is working at that particular time), how to turn the high beams on and off (the foot switch is pretty rare these days most people, younger people at least, really dont know they used to do that), remember to reset the turn signal switch if it doesnt on its own, etc, etc.

note: Know previous daily drivers of CJ's may often be allowed to skip the training program as long as the level of disrepair of their daily driven CJ was worse than that of your CJ that they are wanting to drive.
Chrisfol82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #201
79cj7stone
1979 CJ7 

haha very true but me and my dad are the only ones that drive my jeep so i don't have to worry about that. i drove the person that wanted to drive it and he freaked out i don't kno y all i did was stomp it and pulled the front end off the groung like 6 in. and smoked the tires while turning and got sideways. he didn't really freak out until i went 50 mph on the way home i kno i drive a cj also if when you start it ur jeep rocks back and forth sideways from the cam in ur V8 motor.
79cj7stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #202
CaberFeidh
1965 CJ5 

When you wrap old U-joints (only missing a few needles) with duct tape, and toss them into the glove box... just in case.

When you find mice making a break for it every time you turn on the heater.

Any accident avoidance maneuver is likely to end badly... very badly (provided you get it going fast enough to crash.)
CaberFeidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #203
BrockGrimes

The lady at the car wash asks her husband why is he washing the inside and not the outside of his jeep.
He simply replies it's a CJ its a jeep and you wouldn't understand hunny, now toss another quarter in i need to
get the inside too..
USN Jeep Club Hull #1
CJ Forum
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #204
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

You know it's a CJ when it runs log enough so you get 25' out of a nice warm barn and it dies and you have to change the starter laying in 10" of snow.

Fortunately you have owned enough CJ's you have more spare parts for your CJ than the local auto supply store has.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #205
mjfitz99
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
You know it's a CJ when it runs log enough so you get 25' out of a nice warm barn and it dies and you have to change the starter laying in 10" of snow.

Fortunately you have owned enough CJ's you have more spare parts for your CJ than the local auto supply store has.
^^^
Sounds like something that has happened to me!! But substitute heavy rain and for the snow

I love this thread, because if it hasn't happened to me I can see how it might someday
mjfitz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #206
1984CJ
1984 CJ7 

When somebody posts a blurry picture of a part that fell of their Jeep and you know what it is before the pic finishes loading!

When you offer to teach your niece to drive a stick and her mother says that it might damage the transmission and you answer that it's OK, you have a spare.
Originally Posted by ftdranger
You guys on the CJ tech page are a little to tech for me. Must be the leaf springs.
1984CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #207
79cj7stone
1979 CJ7 

when your holley electric fuel pump shuts off but you can pull the manul choke out a little bit to keep it running long enough to make it 5 miles home and run 2 stop signs i gotta work on the reliable jeep thing
79cj7stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #208
cragrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

how bout

merry christmas, here are some u joints and a new driveshaft.
cragrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #209
BrockGrimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cragrat View Post
merry christmas, here are some u joints and a new driveshaft.

HA HA so true merry christmas to a jeeper is more parts.
USN Jeep Club Hull #1
CJ Forum
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #210
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, BUTTT....

someone says "Nice Wrangler" and you get offended.
You pop open the hood and see the following stickers:

-Holly carbs
-Budwiser
-AMC dealership
-Regan election
-"Oil, we can't be free without it"

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.