You know you drive a CJ when..... - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > You know you drive a CJ when.....

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Reply
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #1576
Brewski
Registered User
1986 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Camden, Tn
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by spward View Post
If your wife says she spends less time on pintrest than you spend on JeepForum.
That's funny right there. It is a close race though. I'm on one end of couch at Jeep Forum while she is on thr other end searching Pintrest.

Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #1577
BobBuford
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 111
when you hear a new strange noise from under the hood,wonder if the engine will quit, and if you will be left stranded. Several minutes later it stops, you question why, wonder if the engine will quit, and if you will be left stranded.

when you weld parts together instead of screwing them just so they will finally not come loose knowing full well you will have to cut them apart in the future to make other repairs.

when you're afraid to hit bumps, not because of loosing parts, but because the new quick catching seat belts pull a death-grip bear hug on you and you can't breath.

when you love to hear that someone needs a couple of things from the store and volunteer to go because it's an excuse to drive the CJ.
BobBuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #1578
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,689
When you know you will kill everything you hit.
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #1579
Tyger78
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Baghdad, Iraq, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Posts: 222
when your girlfriend/wife says, "are we taking your truck or can I do my hair?"

Response.... "Truck? it's not a Truck"
__________________
I've done lost my mind...... mind.... mind.... mind..... mind..... what a silly word.
Tyger78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #1580
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler
 
Dadamsnv's Avatar
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sun Valley, NV
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger78 View Post
when your girlfriend/wife says, "are we taking your truck or can I do my hair?"

Response.... "Truck? it's not a Truck"
She finally started wearing a ball cap

You know you drive a CJ when you can't manage to stay offroad for a whole tank of gas to calculate you mileage
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #1581
njdave
Registered User
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: piscataway, nj
Posts: 32
You know you drive a cj when you know just where to touch the bikini top to get the water off it with out getting wet. And soaking the passenger in the process or ur little kid in the back seat.
njdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #1582
sanmiam
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 253
When you are searching through a U-Pull It and start cursing because all the vehicles are "too damn new"
__________________
Building a Jeep is like playing golf, every now and then you get a good shot that makes you believe, hey I can do this!
sanmiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #1583
titomars
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmiam View Post
When you are searching through a U-Pull It and start cursing because all the vehicles are "too damn new"
Boy is that a true statement!!!

Here is one that happens to me constantly;

When you're driving topless and you start to smell coolant or burning oil. Wondering if it is really you but come to find out it's that POS next to you at the light.
__________________
I don't worry about my MPG's. I see it as the price of admission...............Damn what a ride!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Originally Posted by wm69 **
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #1584
W7NB
Educated Redneck
 
W7NB's Avatar
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomars View Post
When you're driving topless and you start to smell coolant or burning oil. Wondering if it is really you but come to find out it's that POS next to you at the light.
SO true - last weekend it was the squealing belt, but turned out it belonged to the beater Geo that had been next to me for several blocks.
__________________
°lllll° Am I broke yet??

1985 CJ7 With HO 4.0 Conversion
2013 JK
W7NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #1585
bigirons79CJ5
Registered User
1979 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mobile, Al
Posts: 117
When you have to keep track of your mileage, because the fuel gauge quit working...again.

BTW, I checked my mileage today and get a whopping 7.7 mpg!! I think it's actually around 10 mpg, because I need to change out my speedo gear. One day.
__________________
79 CJ5 4" Skyjacker
35" Dunlop MT's, 9000lb Warn
304 built with Edelbrock cam,valve springs,timing set,intake,Holley truck avenger carb, DUI ignition, fenderwell headers w/Supertrapps, Twin Sticked D20
FOR MORE PICTURES, CHECK OUT MY PHOTOBUCKET
http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/bigirons79cj5/
bigirons79CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #1586
njdave
Registered User
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: piscataway, nj
Posts: 32
When the flashlight u carry to check your gas gauge at night is brighter then your head lights.
njdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #1587
ronaldo-fantast
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Clayton, Georgia
Posts: 92
When all your pants have broken belt loops in the back from getting hung on the door striker when you get in and out of your Jeep.
ronaldo-fantast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #1588
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler
 
Cutlass327's Avatar
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 5,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomars View Post
Boy is that a true statement!!!

Here is one that happens to me constantly;

When you're driving topless and you start to smell coolant or burning oil. Wondering if it is really you but come to find out it's that POS next to you at the light.
I occasionally drive past a refinery, and some days certain smells stand out more than others (like asphalt, motor oil, etc.) so as I drive past I smell oil, and start looking at my gauges and in the mirrors for smoke.. then I realize I just passed the refinery.
__________________
Rick

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #1589
BobBuford
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turokman123 View Post
When you pull up to a lifted truck at a light, he rolls down his window and says nice Jeep, and you say back, thanks....and also I'm sorry, he asks sorry about what, you say your small **** and pull off. I love CJ's
Did he say it sarcastically, otherwise why would you say that? To each their own. Don't be a tool and give the rest of us a bad name. Just say thanks knowing he'd probably rather be driving your ride.
BobBuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #1590
Daddy_Stew
Registered User
 
Daddy_Stew's Avatar
1981 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 73
NEW to the Forum, so I have been catchin' up on these and realizing it's not just me!

OK, so You know you drive/own a CJ when a fell CJer will pay postage and send you parts without expecting anything in return; simply because he or she knows what it feels like to get one back on the road! Thanks to my new buddy Sam (OrangeCJ7)!!!
__________________
WWJD?.....A Jeep!

CJ - The only one that means something! The rest is just alphabet soup.

O||||||||O
.o|||||||o.
Daddy_Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.