Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

You know you drive a CJ when.....

374K views 3K replies 859 participants last post by  trailhead2004 
#1 ·
This idea was on the yj one and thought it was funny
You know you drive a CJ when.....
Its in the garage more then on the road

#7 ·
You believe its a miracle every time it starts first try.

#8 ·
when you max out at 32 mph

#10 ·
your kids (and neighbors) want to ride with you to (the game, school, store, anywhere) instead of the (SUV, mini-van, sedan, convertible) with the spouse........... I always take on riders so I have plenty of pushers when I need them.......

#45 ·
you keep an extra Jeep on hand for parts........

Eddie-
I'm in Williamsburg. I've been meaning to stop by your shop but haven't made the time........Mike from NC stopped by and picked parts off of my 74 donor on his way to NN to pick up a bumper with a friend. Sounds like you're in the Lee Hall / Denbigh area?

#58 ·
GUILTY:rofl:

when you max out at 32 mph
You are reading this right now.
......when your neighbors are assured that you know every cuss word known to man.
...when you switch back to your other car and are amazed at all the power stuff (windows, locks, brakes, etc).
or when your garage starts to look like a used parts store...
you see oil dripping from it, right after you get done driving it....
when you change out a part and keep it for a spare.
when you cant stop coming back to this forum
When you have the auto parts guys home phone number.....

Or when he tells you to just come around the counter and look it up yourself
When you have scheduled "preventative measure" tetanus shots each year....
When you evaluate every part and piece of scrap that you run across, irregardless of the manufacturer or what its previous purpose was, just to see if it has any value to you whatsoever. You're always thinking, "If I change this and this, I can adapt it to make it do this........."
When you save every nut and bolt you find laying around (anywhere) in hopes it come in handy
You look under your Jeep as you walk up to it every time just to make sure you still only have a few "small leaks."
But I will add, you hate fixing the other vehicals you own (wife's van & my pick up) but love "Jeep time" so much you start another build.

seriously - I just dropped off my truck to a buddy to get it fixed

#376 ·
... when you cant leave town with just your cj, you need a trailer and a truck to go anywhere past city limits.

This aint no lie, I have no doors and a bikini top!

#14 ·
When you spend more time under it than in it.

#19 ·
...when you switch back to your other car and are amazed at all the power stuff (windows, locks, brakes, etc).

#23 ·
you see oil dripping from it, right after you get done driving it....
^hahahahaha, way too true.

...you don't mind the oil leaks getting oil on the fenders, frame, firewall because its "rust prevention."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.