YJ Tub on CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > YJ Tub on CJ7

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-16-2003, 08:03 AM   #1
4bangercj7

YJ Tub on CJ7

SITUATION: Complete 89 YJ tub, windsheild frame, heating ducts, tailgate, and dash and harness. Seatbelts, everything basicly, cept seat/brackets/top/doors.

Replace my CJ tub with this one, re-use my fenders/hood/grill. I know that two body mounts need to be relocated. Also, I can not use my CJ windsheild frame with the newer ducts, do not line up correct ? Also, can not use my cj's dash without moifications for the ducts as well correct ? Also, I would have to get a wranger gas since filler neck is on the opposite side. Would one fit in the cj's spot ? Would my CJ's seat brackets mount up to exiting holes ? or would I have to create new ones ?

The big question is with the fuse block. Alot different then my 86 ?
Connector wise ? If it was, I would get the connectors from the wranglers harness and splice them into my current 4 bangers connectors if that needed to be done.

What you all think ? Its this or fiberglass tub, body replacment options. If I went this route, I would be saving bout $700 then ordering a tub, having it shipped, etc.

Ideas/comments/pitfalls etc.

Thanks

4bangercj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2003, 10:44 AM   #2
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe you should talk to CJeep. He has a YJ tub on a CJ frame..heres the post:
YJ tub swap
Unread 03-17-2003, 10:27 AM   #3
Brock

Do a search on the forums. There has been a lot of discussion on the tub swap. I am planning one myself. Good luck. Also, go to google.com and search for YJ tub swap. There are about six or seven really good and detailed websites about the conversion.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.