YJ top on a CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > YJ top on a CJ7

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-27-2003, 10:02 AM   #1
Yellow Fever

YJ top on a CJ7

Any idea if a YJ top with stock frame will fit on a CJ7?

Thanks,
Yellow Fever

4:56 Gear

85 CJ7 - 6 Cyl
Currently being Restored
Yellow Fever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2003, 11:21 AM   #2
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

I am new to Jeep and really do not konw for sure.

I am going to be using a YJ Windshield frame on my CJ-8 and have been told that it will work.

Keep things posted here if you find out anything.

LOL,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2003, 11:22 AM   #3
wm69

Should fit no problem. The bestop supertop for CJ7's and YJ wranler's is the same and the hardtops and doors are the same. Should fit fine.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #4
rock-rod

If you are referring to the factory YJ soft top? Yep, it fit's. I put one on my '85 CJ 7 and love it. It seals WAY better than anything else sold through bestop or kayline, ect.

I don't get it, but why does factory style top manufactured by Bestop fit so much better than the supertop????
rock-rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2003, 02:51 PM   #5
Yellow Fever

Thanks for everyone's input. I just purchased a factory style bestop on ebay, and can get the YJ frame for free, but shipping will cost additional $50. Just need to make sure it'll fit on my 85 CJ7.

Thanks again,
Yellow Fever
4:56 Gear

85 CJ7 - 6 Cyl
Currently being Restored
Yellow Fever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.